Springs & Shocks

Im looking at changing these pretty soon... Im going to be lowering the car (obviously!!), but wondered how much difference performance shocks will be over standard ones? I know the standard springs are **ahem** bouncy! Will changing them and leaving the shocks in place firm up the ride or do I need to do both?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I am new to this!

I put stiffer lower springs (-35mm) on mine with the standard dampers and it feels just fine, so I'd say there is no need to replace the dampers unless they're worn/damaged.

however running on standard shocks with lower springs is going to lead to the shocks wearing out and leaking much faster. id opt for some new shocks and some 60mm springs from matt humphris (Y)

Timmeh, I have already spoken to Matt and he is quoting me for springs and shocks... Im going to get the full works basically, all done in January after the expensive Chrimbo!!

Im actually going over to Humphris on Wednesday to get some alloys fitted... Much better than the standard bicycle wheels the car comes with (mine even has the original tyres the car came with!!)

is that an opinion or fact timmeh ? (i,ve had no shocker problems yet)

Well i have no first hand experience, but it is a problem i read quite a lot on the old corsa forums, although that could be the corsa shocks being of a lower quality than other (like the rest of the car really)

Back