lowering 50mm with 17"

danmicra

Ex. Club Member
could i lower my car 50mm an still fit 17s under it?
has it been tryed an tested?

i no that you can put 17s an lower 35mm with out srubing,

(k11stew an ben ill take ur word for it lol)

cheers for any help
dan

so were lookin at a no then, mmmm ill just wait till i get the springs fit them an steel my mates 17s for a test drive and see what happens if not if all eles fails ill roll the arches?

any1 eles with any veiws?

danmicra said:
so were lookin at a no then, mmmm ill just wait till i get the springs fit them an steel my mates 17s for a test drive and see what happens if not if all eles fails ill roll the arches?

any1 eles with any veiws?
I've got 15's on mine and lowered it 35mm and my wheels catch when I go over certain bumps and down multistory carparks.

This could be because of the offset on the wheels but the tyres are 45 profiles.

I would go to 16 max but that is still taking abit of a risk.

I want to go down a size so I can lower mine to 50mm!

with the right offset ive been led to belive that with a 35 offset its possible to get 17's on but with the drop in mind i would say yeah its goin to scrub but uknow what they say........

"if it dont scrub it aint low enough"

danmicra said:
springs alone, would i be beta going for a full set up?
Your buying the springs off eBay. They were the ones I wanted.

If I was to get 50mm springs I would go to 14's as that would be low! My offset is the offset for vauxhall so If I was to put them on now It would catch straight away. I want some 35 offsets LOL.

yea think i would have to look into that would make a lot of sence but i can only experement, cheers for the input anyway

You could make them fit... and it wouldn't look like a roller skate with it been dropped 50mm, but it wouldn't really make any sense. 16's is probably the best thing to go for, without major work. :)

Surely if you had the arches raised it should be okay? I mean it's not that costly especially if you only need it on the front two.

The arches raised?? :s You could roll the arches which involves bending the lip of the arch back. The only other option is to get the arches flared, or get new custom arches and have the old ones cut out.

Alienfish360 said:
either way it will be expensive as there's an engine mount by the arch, that will need to be modified aswell

Ah, I didn't realise this. Anyway rolled, raised you say potato i say...potato when I'm typing. :)

i wouldn't go with any wheel over 15" it just kills the perfermance of the car get 13" x 7" superlites and drop her 70 mil that will turn a few heads handle like #### and go like #### then she is all gd haha just a thought altho totally opposite to what your thinking o and btw if u want 17's with a 50mil drop just do it mate will be worth it and different.

i like that phrase chrissy cudn't agree more with you

id say you wouldnt have a problem on the back, but the front you will have to remove the inner arch liner and maybe cut the arches back.

do it! it shouldnt be that hard.

Back