lower hib nut/ball joint

Does anyone know how you remove the lowest hub nut bolt on bottom of hub. Iv yet to get the upper bolts off but concerned once I do whether the lower bolt that holds ball joint in will come loose...this one here I mean..
20141023_143249.jpg

No socket will fit In that

Sometimes easyer to get this Nut off(mostly off) with load on the arm. Otherwise you might end up with a spinning ball joint, especially if its been there since day one.

When pin is out and you undo the nut hit the hub a few raps with a hammer to free the taper

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, this pushes the taper in and holds it tight while you undo the nut. Then as the others have said, give it a bit of persuasion with the old hammer.

Your beter off putting the wheel back on and lowering it down if u can get to the nut. Or lower the arm onto something with the wheel off, leave the jack under the sil or where ever you have it for extra suport. Micras not realy that heavy.

You use the jack on the arm under the ball joint to just apply pressure, to the point of almost lifting but actually lifting it of the axles stands.

Back