Lost My Keysss!!!!!!!!!!!

ive lost my keys there no where to be found, just wondering what is the way to go forward, the car is a 99 micra 3 door it has got a nats key the one with the chip in it. I was just wondering if i bought a new barrel, key, and ecu will that start the car.

If you replace the ECU for a non-nats version then the car will start; that is the crux of it.

i see but the thing is ive lost the key i will need to change the barrel wont i for a non nats one and the none nats one is going to be difficult to install in a nats one.

you need a full lock set from a nats equiped micra including ignition barrel and keys from a scrappy or if your rich nissan and then once fitted tow the car to nissan to have the new nats key re-programed or try harder to find the keys and save hundreds of pounds!!!

i can get a drives side door lock ignition barrel with key and the ecu but will this power up my car. if change all the above will it still need reprograming or will it just fire up.

Since when?
I work in a scrapyard and i have plugged both nats and non nats ecu's into a micra that originally had nats. What pins need switching and for what exactly?

A non nats ecu plugged into a nats car will NOT start. Various people can also confirm this, a wiring diagram is around somewhere that shows the difference between the wiring for the 2 ecu's

They proberbly diddnt unclip the chip reader from around the barrel...?
Technically though that shouldn't matter if the ECU isn't a NATS one?

I've actually sat for hours with someone who was fitting a non NATS ECU to a NATS car and the pins were indeed different (damned if I know what they were, I was just watching lol).

Back