K11 Lost Keys and new ignition Barrel

Hello peeps, I am new on here and that is cause i am in need of some help. My fiance has a 1997/1996 micra 1.0l

We currently live in Norway as that is where she is from, Last month her mother lost her car keys and i have ordered a new set from ebay from a breakers.

I fitteed the ignition yesterday and the car started and shut down almost within a second of running. I did some investigating and then had to take the car to nissan here in norway , they want 85 quid for the key 75 quid to program it.

The ignition barrel that came with the car apparently isnt the type for a NATS system so there is no coder in the key , I have read somewhere that i can rewire the nats and it just bypass the entire system , i have also read in the same post that the car might catch on fire if i do this on a nats 2 or something. How can i tell if the nats i have is version 1 or version 2

Any assistance would be appreciated , norway is bloody expensive and the car is almost worth less and wouldnt mind saving the money as i doubt anyone would try and steal the car it is old and not in the best of mic.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you in advance

Hello mate, I not sure on this one, I would love to help but have no idea. Dont worry someone will pop along soon promise.

are you sure , what would be a fix for the current situation, should i just buy a ecu from fusion motorsport so we dont need a chip key
yes one of ed,s ecu,s, or a complete kit of matching ecu/keychip/nats box(dash and heater out job) and transceiver ring from another 96/7 car i believe mate :)

Back