lost key

I lost my key - micra 1.0 Jan 2001 - took off the barrel, can turn the ignition switch with a flat screwdriver,
it turns over but doesn't start. I understand the black-box-with-ring under the barrel needs the chip in the
key to allow ignition. It has 8 wires going into it. Can these be somehow joined up to bypass it?

Can I order a new key from Nissan, show reg doc and VIN plate photo?
do they have to tune the key to the car at the dealer?
could take ages?

I see offers of new and used key+barrels without the black thing - how can they work?

Other offers of used key, barrel, black thing and large other box - from under the glove compartment I suppose.
Does the black thing need the other box, or is that a different system with central locking, which I DON'T have?

I need the car ASAP, if anyone can help.

thanks

Nats (immobilizer) is locked with the chip in the key, the ring around the barrel and the ecu. You need to change those with a working set or get a new key and let the dealer program it.

Yep. You need all 3. And ofcourse the barrel (but that has nothing to do with the immobilizer but more with the steering lock and giving the ignition switch a place to mount) and door locks. But those also dont have anything to do with the immobilizer.

But if you have a complete set it will just swap over.

OK - will a random scrapyard ECU work with my engine (it's the brain that runs the engine right?)
or do I need to make sure it's the right one for my engine size and year?
thanks

Right one for the engine and transmission. Year doesnt matter as long as its for that engine (coilpacks are th 2nd facelift between 2000-2002). So for a k11 coilpack 1.0 and manual or auto depending on your transmission.

Cool
But I just opened below the radio, and the "ECU" is apparently an Airbag ECU - fine with me - but it looks nothing like the ones in the different sets for sale online. Also fixed with 3 heavy security bolts. Is that the ECU I have to change, or is there another one?

I read somewhere the ECU-which-tunes-in-with-the-key-transponder is below the glove compartment - though I couldn't see anything with
a quick look - maybe it's above/behind the heater fan?

what a nightmare!

Back