lost keys plz help

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
totally understand if the editors delete this thread, but i have just lost the keys to my super s and have been trying to get into it for the last hour, with no success,

has anyone ever broken in to a k11 before

mine has no door cards on a the mo and i can see the lock barrel, the triangular pivot between the inner handle and the mechanism and have been trying to move these with a metal coat hanger, it has no central locking, and no electric windows

any ideas

cheers mate got in eventually, but the keys werent in there, the hunt continues

has anyone ever tried to get a key cut to the shape of the original but without having the original there, can nissan do that?

after searching i have found my service book, extract the code and hopefully will be ringing my companies nissan dealer to get one sorted

spent hours looking for it tho, wasnt really helped by the fact that before realising i lost it i spent an hour banging in fence posts in a field full of very long grass, and walking halfway round a village

i have realised now that i will never see them keys again ever,

but i dont know if i what to do about it, if i just get some new keys cut then i will be forever worrying that someone has my keys and i'll wake up one morning minus my car, but if i change the whole lot its lots of money and time, for now i will get one cut, aftr that i dont know

has the car got nats if so when you get the new keys and coded them to the car the old keys wont start the engine

you should be able to get you key code from any nissan dealerall they need is you chassis number (vin number)

if you cannot get the key code there is places where you can give them your any of you door locks or ignition barrel and they can make the key that way

some nissan dealers can cut to key code some cant,

got a new key now, was 4 quid, cos its not got nats, lucky cos a new lock set would have 170 odd, tried it earlier and it worked on the doors but not on the ignition, but after a couple of minutes with a file its fine, bit worried how easy it was to get into the car and start the engine without the keys tho, think its about time i got an alarm

my car hasnt got NATS (or the chip in the key) its an L plate, almost the earliest reg you can get on a k11, but if it was my other P reg then i wouldnt have been able to start it,

how much would nissan charge you for a nats key to be cut, my key is bending and about to snap anytime soon. its a p reg k11, any ideas any1??? thanks :kungfu:

mine a p reg k11, and nissan charged me £49...

i took full advantage tho... two coffees ( i hate coffee) and got two nissan red leather keyrings thrown in...

lol

it has to be done sooner rather than later cos more likely to snap in winter...

sounds about right, could be worse tho, we had to get a key cut for a customer, on a yaris, and it was 170 quid, was on with the buttons on the key, but thats still ridiculous

Back