Lost control for first time... :(

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Going to work today I managed to do a full 180...

I was driving a little wee bit to fast, but lucky no other cars or kerbs were involved, just a simple four wheel spin...

But im taking it as a warning, its really made me think about hw gutted i'd be if i where to hit another car... and after reading Pad's news, i think its time i started to ease of the right pedal...lol

(Anyone who spun their car... DONT...its scary...)

In my 2 years driving i've crashed once out my own stupidity. 40-50mph over a roundabout, in the lashing rain, in the middle of the night.

Lucky for me all i hit was a kerb and done the wishbone in. That was my big warning.

I did pretty much the same a couple of years ago, was a big lesson well learnt! I made the mistake of braking on a bend which is what caused me to spin. Don't do it!

i was driving home from work and the roads where wet, i lifted the handbrake to get my back-end out on a corner a tiny bit (obviously checked there was no cars anywhere near by for this!) and well there must have been oil on the road or something becuase my car went into a full 180 degree spin, and it was a miracle i didnt hit a kerb. goes without saying lesson learnt, complete idioticy and will never do that one again!

rlees85 said:
i was driving home from work and the roads where wet, i lifted the handbrake to get my back-end out on a corner a tiny bit (obviously checked there was no cars anywhere near by for this!) and well there must have been oil on the road or something becuase my car went into a full 180 degree spin, and it was a miracle i didnt hit a kerb. goes without saying lesson learnt, complete idioticy and will never do that one again!

lmfao YOU IDIOT!!!!!

RIK said:
lmfao YOU IDIOT!!!!!

oh come off it!!! as if you have never done anything stupid in your car.

i have, its a learning curve. you frst pass your test, think your colin macrae, do smthing stupid and learn from it. and if your lucky you dont kill anyone or damge anything.

and anyone who denies at one stage doing sumthin stupid in there car at one time for wateva reason is lying. whether it would be sumthin lke that or going down a one way street the wrong way. or racing a ### in a nova.

if driving fast is stupid... yes i have done and do do it...but i dont pull on the edited handrake on corners!!

59 bhp is more than enough said:
oh and as soon as you take the pee out of someone else guarenteed it will happen to you

so on my way to work tomorow ill pull the handbrake on a corner ,,,yeah i can just see it now :s

as for going the wrong way down a one way system...imo shouldnt have passed ther test!!

yeah, one off, im just not afriad to admit the most stupid things i ever done.

-edit: and that probably was the most stupid thing i have done in the car.

as for going the wrong way down a one way system...imo shouldnt have passed ther test!!

oh come off it, i think most people have accidentally done this at one point, driving around a built up area they are not familar with. Im not sure if i have done it or not so this isnt a personal confession.

rlees85 said:
oh come off it, i think most people have accidentally done this at one point, driving around a built up area they are not familar with. Im not sure if i have done it or not so this isnt a personal confession.

the big red circle with a white line means no entry! and the handbrake is for parking

the most stupid thing i have done is drive whilst on the fone...

RIK said:
so on my way to work tomorow ill pull the handbrake on a corner ,,,yeah i can just see it now :s

no but sumthin will happen that will not make you so cocky.

so since passing your test you havent made one mistake. possibly a dangerous one?

well i bow down to you mr driving god

rik: now you see driving with your phone is something that i wouldnt dream of doing, they are reasons for this (like people i know have had accidents becuase of being on their mobile).

Bottom line is: It was a stupid thing to do yeah, there was nobody around and i was 100% aware of that so i wasnt putting anyone but myself in danger. I was jus prattin about coz i was gettin new tyres neway and tbh i never expected the car to go into a 180 degree spin, becuase it doesnt even do that on ice, however it was a lesson well learnt.

lol was expecting you to say the worse thing you had done is not signal for a left hand turn ;)

I love topics like this, I'ld never use a phone when driving due to accidents and people but more than happy to pull the handbrake on...

Should get some really good reasoning starting soon....

*Sits back and puts pop corn on...

no but sumthin will happen that will not make you so cocky.

so since passing your test you havent made one mistake. possibly a dangerous one?

well i bow down to you mr driving god

thankyou..i have had the bumps actually and not one my fault! one was robbos fault for crashing and me stopping for it and a woman hit my rear bumper.the other two was due to other people not paying attenton and hitting my rear end!

i have no sympathy for you that blame your stupid driving on "ive just passed my test"

im not a driving god,,i just drive safe

rhaines said:
I love topics like this, I'ld never use a phone when driving due to accidents and people but more than happy to pull the handbrake on...

Should get some really good reasoning starting soon....

*Sits back and puts pop corn on...
Im sorry, was that an attempt at sarcasm? What i did was yes, stupider, but i only endangered myself, unlike somebody using a mobile phone whilst driving...

lol sorry darren for this going slightly off topic!

rlees85 said:
Im sorry, was that an attempt at sarcasm? What i did was yes, stupider, but i only endangered myself, unlike somebody using a mobile phone whilst driving...

lol sorry darren for this going slightly off topic!

why is using the phone worse than "getting back end out" ???

using the fone whilst driving is the same as passenger distraction and usin the stereo or sat nav!

i hardly blame my bad driving on just passing my test. i was merely saying that when you first pass your test your more lkely to pratt about or make mistakes due to lack of experiance. everyone knows you learn to pass your test then learn how to drive.

im sorry i dont believe anyone that says they havent made a mistake in their driving life

lol maybe you should try asking the DVLA/Police? I dont know, I do know people who have had accidents due to the use of a mobile phone whilst driving.

Dont know how/why its more of a distraction it just is.

I have also had an accident due to passenger distraction (3 years ago before you start). Theres no excuse, always concentrate on the road.

the ban on mobile phone use only just cum in....driving stupid has allways been there.

im not saying its safe to use it,im saying i feel safe and confident using it and it shows in my driving...i also feel safe when i see people driving towards me on the fone or at junctions...but i wouldnt if i saw a car spinning on it side !!

RIK said:
the ban on mobile phone use only just cum in....driving stupid has allways been there.

im not saying its safe to use it,im saying i feel safe and confident using it and it shows in my driving...i also feel safe when i see people driving towards me on the fone or at junctions...but i wouldnt if i saw a car spinning on it side !!

I think we have to agree to disagree.

So many times have i seen cars skidding / nearly skidding behind me and nearly hit me, and they are speaking on a mobile phone.

I agree with you the handbrake thing was stupid thats why id never do it again and i learnt from it, i obviously thought i was in control but wasnt, im not trying to argue it was a clever thing to do. I am argueing that it was only putting myself at risk, NOBODY else.

but i wouldnt if i saw a car spinning on it side !!

as ive said before, nobody was around, it was a out-of-the-way country road, it was one-way and nobody was behind me, or near me, or even in sight.

I cannot stand people who use a phone whilst driving. Despite how safe you may think you are, ive seen countless situations where cars have been drifting all over the roads etc. You dont have to take your eyes off the road or use hardly any concerntration to change a track on a CD, so using that as a comparison is a joke! Its illegal for a reason and highly dangerous.

Once you've passed your test, you do learn alot lot more about driving and the roads - but even with the most basic newbie knowledge, you shouldnt be handbraking and speeding enough to be doing 180's! Absolute stupidity

oh and rik dont be so quick to jump on someone for getting the back end out and acting stupid. i seem to remember that when dr zoidberg first got his 160sr you said and i quote "wait till you get the back end out for the first time"

Once you've passed your test, you do learn alot lot more about driving and the roads - but even with the most basic newbie knowledge, you shouldnt be handbraking and speeding enough to be doing 180's! Absolute stupidity

If you value your car which i do, you should not handbrake at all unless parking as rik said. I wasnt speeding, i was short of 10mph, so speeding isnt even required.

NOt meaning or trying to cause an argument but asking through lack of knowledge....

Reading through here I'm seeing 'getting the back end out', Isn't the Micra a Front Wheel Drive Car? If it's FWD not much point in getting Front Out...

oh and rik dont be so quick to jump on someone for getting the back end out and acting stupid. i seem to remember that when dr zoidberg first got his 160sr you said and i quote "wait till you get the back end out for the first time"

the 160sr has its down sides..cant help how the car handles.but i can help pulling the brake

cba to argue this point any more. ive said everything i have needed to say. i hope you dont still use your phone on the roads these days but if you do thats entirely up to you.

this is my last post in this thread

Arnold said:
You dont have to take your eyes off the road or use hardly any concerntration to change a track on a CD, so using that as a comparison is a joke! Its illegal for a reason and highly dangerous.

sory but tthe guy that hit my new car admitted he was playing with the stereo!!! and he was a taxi driver..suposed to be a safe driver

"RIK"; I fail to see how you can produce such crap. Since you know it all, tell me WHY the police dont ban the use of car stereos as well as mobile phones..!
You will find extensive research done on why using a mobiles are banned from use in cars. try google.com.

someone nearly went into me at about 12 midnight last night. Went into tesco carpark, and some guy did a handbrake turn around a roundabout leading into the carpark. He almost did a 90' turn heading right into the side of me, only to regain control of his car. I'd never do a handbrake turn, utter stupidaty.

Dusk said:
"RIK"; I fail to see how you can produce such crap. Since you know it all, tell me WHY the police dont ban the use of car stereos as well as mobile phones..!
You will find extensive research done on why using a mobiles are banned from use in cars. try google.com.

im not saying its safe im saying its not as stupid as doing handbrake stuff,,

stereo,mobile fone,,,still not 100% on the road is it?

Not trying to kick this off again, but got to say that I think that the worst drivers are the ones who can't admit that they make mistakes.

I got the institute of advanced motorists handbook last year. Something I'd recommend to everyone on here, no matter how good or bad you think you are at driving.

One of the main things that it seems to try and state is that nobody is the "perfect" driver. And until a driver can accept that, then he/she is always going to have an attitude problem towards other road users. And that is a danger in itself.

I think that theres a line to draw between doing something on the roads thats dangerous by mistake and knowing your doing something wrong though.

I mean, if you go the wrong way down a one way street by mistake, or pull out without checking your mirrors, or go a few mph over the limit without noticing, thats an honest mistake. Everyone has done it, or something similar and if you haven't yet, you will eventually.

But if you know your doing something wrong and you crash, you only have yourself to blame.

I do have respect for drivers who can admit their mistakes and learn from them though. I mean, Darren started this thread saying how he screwed up, he'd learned from it & wouldn't do it again. rlees85 said pretty much the same thing too. Just learn from it guys and make sure you never do it again. Thats all you can do now. At least by doing that you show that your both learning something from experience.

A final thing though (in this rather long post!) - just a quick suggestion really for the guys who run the club/website. I think that it would be a great idea to do some kind of link to the IAM or recommend some kind of driving skills course or something (not as a compulsary type thing, but more to just promote it really). Call me a boring sod, but I'm sure it would help people gain a lot of confidence and skill on the road & would be a great thing for the club to be involved in.

Just an idea.....

not one person said the can't make mistakes...just that they havent since they passed

nice post..but piontless

only time i use my handbrake is on a empty carpark covered in ice or just empty carparks. never use my phone, i just press the answer button and shout "im drivin i will ring you back"

as for roundabouts, ive lost control twice due to diesel/oil on the road, fisrt time on my way to work as i went round found myself heaadin for the barrier but managed to stop but looked out my window and saw a citreon C5 headin right at me luckily it stopped, on my way home from work ther wa sand all over, plus, glass,car wings and motorbike bits

second time was goin round the roundabout in 3rd gear about 15mhp when my back end went out into a bus stop, didnt hit the bus stop just slide into where the road widens

plus other mistakes iv made but all ive learned from.........

ive had my backend come out a couple times, usually on black ice whilst driving carefully. Really horrible feeling, when you think that you could have ended up into a lamppost or something.

in my opinion the biggest danger whilst driving is girls

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not girl drivers but thewse fit girls alking round streets with barley anything on i mean that is just a tease and a danger to road users hahaha :love: :laugh:

big_lez said:
in my opinion the biggest danger whilst driving is girls

DUCK AND COVER!!!

Mate dont start saying that, this convo's going to be 50 pages long at this rate! lol

RIK said:
not one person said the can't make mistakes...just that they havent since they passed

nice post..but piontless

No, there was a point to it RIK, but it obviously went over your head - Anyone who thinks that they won't make mistakes once they have passed their test is a prat. One of my pet hates on the road (& life in general really!) is arrogance.

Good drivers realise that they will make mistakes & never stop learning.

I'm out of this thread now. Can't be bothered to get into an argument over it.

Back