Lost control for first time... :(

and again that post was pointless,,,i said i havent made a mistake since i past(obv the phone thing is one! grr)

i imite make a mistake one day..whos to know?

should smoking in cars be banned too then??

Imagine ur smoking and the cig is in between ur fingers at side of the wheel and both hands are on the wheel alright. But what if u drop ash or the cig in a reaction? u cause a fire. There fore when it drops u panic! let eyes off the road for god knows how long and next thing u know SMASH! even when using a phone ur eyes are on the road. I picked my phone up for about 10 secs the other day to say im driving and call me back later BUT a copper was parked around a bend and clocked me so i got pulled.

£30 fine no points. Deserve it really because i shouldnt of picked it up but it kept ringing and ringing.

new cars now dont come with ash trays! so im guessing they trying to make it hard for smokers too...imo smoking should be banned everywhere but thats a different story

everyone does' somthing stupied/ risky in a car. if you haven't be careful cos it will happen.
all you have to remeber there is a time and place for these things
Santa pod
d1 drift comps
track days.

and you are not a real drive till you've ha da crash be big or small.
i crashed and wrote my nissan sunny do under 50mph on a country road that i raced down at 70.
just goe's for how much expereince is worth.
also i mate of mine been drive cars for years just got a motor bike and has admitted how careless his driving his.
now he reckons everyone should take a motorbike corse as for him it has improved his drive and awrenesse massively.

Why not - it's great fun! Besides, you can learn a lot from losing a car - just make sure that when you try it you're somewhere sensible (wide road, car park etc) - and always expect the unexpected. First few times I did things like that, they #### me up and I didn't react at all. Now I'm more used to it, in a couple of *real* emergency situations I haven't just sat there completely scared - I've actually reacted reasonably properly (I'm no expert, but just getting used to the shock is a useful ability in itself!!)

madmezza said:
Why not - it's great fun! Besides, you can learn a lot from losing a car - just make sure that when you try it you're somewhere sensible (wide road, car park etc) - and always expect the unexpected. First few times I did things like that, they #### me up and I didn't react at all. Now I'm more used to it, in a couple of *real* emergency situations I haven't just sat there completely scared - I've actually reacted reasonably properly (I'm no expert, but just getting used to the shock is a useful ability in itself!!)

That's what Track/Airfield Days and Advanced Driver Training is for !!

the last time i was ######ing around, i ended up almost losing control and dont even remember pulling the handbrake on. i think its just human instinct to try and stop the car in any way possible.
and im sure this thread wasnt started for everyone to take the wee... so maybe we could stop it now?

Back