Lose Weight Now!

Robb

Site Supporter
Ok what are the best things to do in order to shave the pounds off a micra whilst also retaining some drivability?

I was foolin around t'other day and took the front passenger seat out and the spare wheel and whoa did it go!

So far i think im right in thinkin full de cat exhaust, racing seats and losin the door trims will save some weight. Am i missin owt?

Oh and how much would a carbon bonnet set me back? its chuffin heavy! :)

Oh yeah! It was cool though cos it was still legal to have 3 passengers! although my mate insisted on sittin on the floor.:sick:

Lose the glass, get perspex apart from windscreen. Lose air-con if you have it. Tear out everything, til all you have got is a seat and a steering wheel in the the car.

I cant remember if i saw it for sale but if u search 'micra vs' on youtube you get all these vids of a red micra at crail raceway, it was pretty stripped out and is missing a headlight! which is quite clever cos they are heavy ######s!

lmao ............... whats the point of owning a car if you do all that just so you have to drive it alone ......... you need to get a motor bike son :p

Ah sorry! Yeah that car wasn't his - mis read post, but Little bandit did belong to someone called Dave Bull lol.

Cut holes in ur bumpers aswell. Not alot of weight lost, but every little helps. Even seen a Pug 205 with holes cut in the door handles. Use small magnesium wheels, lightweight wheel nuts. Fibreglass body panels. Cut materal out of the car where it is basically not needed.

take the engine out :D them things are heavy bunggers!!!

unless you want it to drive and then its probably best to leave it in lol

tip, sit in the driver's seat, belted in and then use a screwdriver to remove everything in reach :D your car will need on the inside:

clocks,
driver's seat
seatbelts
pedals
handbrake
gearstick
steeringwheel
doorhandles
and locks

everything else can go.

How about put everything back in that you've taken out apart from the spare and stick an engine in the boot. I'm sure I've seen a Classic Mini have two engines.

Back