Looks and cleaning

So I have got my k11 pre facelift inspiration sitting there and I want to clean up the engine bay as its been owned by 2 old lady's before me and isn't very clean any help is highly appreciated

a0969afd2d0a56e5ce52113b6efb655d_uploadfromtaptalk.jpg

Good to see another preface lift on here!

Mines previously been owner by a 'senior citizen' and wasn't showing itself off to well. This is my routine to tidy up any unloved car.. Looks much more cared for now!
IMG_20151224_203445754.jpg

Exterior cleaning;
*Thoroughly rinse then wash with 2 buckets, one with preferred shampoo, one to rinse wash mitt.
*Rinse
*dry with microfibre cloth or chamois
*clay bar with bilt hamber bar and water for lube. This removes bonded on dirt, tree sap etc to prepare for polish.
*wash and dry again
*use a polish aplicator and auto glym super resin polish apply and buff each panel at a time.
* optional, but advised use a sealant over the the polish. Autoglym extra gloss protection is what I'm using to protect finish.

Under bonnet cleaning,
Don't pressure wash or steam clean. High risk of damaging electrical components.

Use a degresser that you spray or apply by brush, POR15 degreaser is very good. Agitate stubborn areas of grime and rinse using minimum amount of water or damp cloth.

You can use a plastic spray, back to black or similar to shine up air box, pipework etc. Cam cover can be easily painted using regular aerosol primer and paint.

Personally I don't clean under bonnet. I keep it honest and presentable as it's my daily driver.

Back