Removing and cleaning exhaust

Would removing and cleaning through the whole exhaust from manifold make a difference. Im thinking wire pipe clean the manifold n wire brush it for looks then same through the rest n somehow if any of you know how to clean the cat then buy a new backbox. Tht make a difference?

No problem cheers. Its sumthing i wanna do anyway was just seeing if its worth it for power. N how wud i clean the cat because i was told if its original n old itll be cloggd n not flowing as well as it shud at all n not doing well with emissions.

Just it seems like to much work doing flange changes n stuff with manifolds n stuff so im wanting to clean it all out n help restore a clean exhaust. Next best thing eh? With the backbox aswell nt to big but a nice 3 inch maybe.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
If you're bothering taking the exhaust off then fit a 2inch straight through.
Cleaning the stock pea shooter is a waste of time. A thin coating of carbon in the exhaust wont restrict you..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

frank

Club Member
Just it seems like to much work doing flange changes n stuff with manifolds n stuff
you should,nt have to change the flanges on an 8v saxo mani ian, they are a similar design to CG,s, and may only need the holes slotting ?

$(KGrHqQOKiIE30FkQUDKBOCFmF,6J!~~_12.JPG
P1230443.JPG

frank

Club Member
What do u mean by holes slotting. Sounds like a possibility mate thanks very much :) ya know micras inside out or is it any car in general haha
slot the mounting holes mate (red lines) and slit the bridges maybe (blue lines) but you would have to check the downpipe clears the sump ok too tho :)

$(KGrHqQOKiIE30FkQUDKBOCFmF,6J!~~_12.jpg