Locking on boot and passenger side door

Hello,

First off a big hello to you all. This is my first post and I feel a little cheeky and its going to be a question but I'm in desperate need of advice!

My family has always owned Nissans and I passed my test a year ago and got my first car, a 2003 nissan micra k12.

It has plenty of problems (which I avoid fixing due to cost) but I have my MOT next week and the back left indicator light isn't working however its not the bulb. It went earlier in the year and I bought a new bulb and found sweet FA happened. Twiddled it around a bit and sprayed some WD40 and it started working. I think its a loose connection? Has anyone experienced this problem?

Also, my passenger side door and boot now dont open straight away as they once did. I have to press the key fob between 2 and 5 times to open them. Could any of this be related?

Thanks in advance :)

Tori

The rear light, as you say, may well just be a loose connection (if a bulb change has already not sorted it)
to get to the back of the light unit, to check it, you'll need to take out 2 screws, there is also a locating clip (according to the haynes manual)
ETA: I'd assume having changed the bulb you know that :rolleyes: ...sorry :p

give the wires a little once over...remove them check they are in good order (not fraying/corroded/broken) and make sure they are definitely connected fully/correctly

if you find issues with the wires back there it may be an idea to buy a new light unit...off ebay or at your nearest scrap yard/vehichle dismantlers ;)

-------------------------

With regards to the passenger door and boot not opening straight away, it sounds like you K12 is in "Anti-hijack" mode...it's like reverse child locks LOL
to put her into "Convenience mode" just stand near the car and hold down both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds...
then when you unlock the doors they should all unlock first time ;) (According to the Owners manual)

ETA2: ....or your key fob needs a new battery :p

Welcome to the site :p

Thanks for getting back to me so quick :)

I'm hoping I can scrape a pass with my MOT - stupidly booked it in for the day that it expires and I work 40 miles away from home!

Itching to try out the locking mode - will test on lunch break and let you know

Thanks again :]

Tori

Back