• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Leak in boot (passenger side)

Hello!
I have a K12 Micra (59 reg). I am having an issue with a leak in the boot, on the passenger side.

I have changed the passenger side, rear indicator/brake light cluster - which hasn’t solved the issue. I have stripped the lining out of the boot, and used a hose pipe, to try to diagnose the problem. It seems that it is coming in through the top of the boot door, and then making its way behind the boot door and streams out from behind the rear light cluster (on the passenger side).

The only way that I could see it coming in is from the bendy-looking seal, that is above the gas-lift arms. Does anyone have any experience of this, and how to solve?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!
I have a K12 Micra (59 reg). I am having an issue with a leak in the boot, on the passenger side.

I have changed the passenger side, rear indicator/brake light cluster - which hasn’t solved the issue. I have stripped the lining out of the boot, and used a hose pipe, to try to diagnose the problem. It seems that it is coming in through the top of the boot door, and then making its way behind the boot door and streams out from behind the rear light cluster (on the passenger side).

The only way that I could see it coming in is from the bendy-looking seal, that is above the gas-lift arms. Does anyone have any experience of this, and how to solve?

Thanks in advance.
I have had this same issue in the past. Is the plastic rivet that anchors into the light cluster, and snaps into the body, intact? This pesky thing is needed to apply pressure on the seal to make it tight. My cars was snapped and thus let the water through. I also applied vaseline between the foam seal and the body and this seemed to cure it. Hope this helps!

I have had this same issue in the past. Is the plastic rivet that anchors into the light cluster, and snaps into the body, intact? This pesky thing is needed to apply pressure on the seal to make it tight. My cars was snapped and thus let the water through. I also applied vaseline between the foam seal and the body and this seemed to cure it. Hope this helps!
Hi mate. I'll have a look at this and let you know. Thanks for getting back in touch and replying. I'm not the most technically minded person so may need to contact you to get a more detailed description!

Back