Intelligent key/passenger door problems.

Hi,

This micra has already cost me £545 to get back on the road, my next problem is that it has an intelligent key, so intelligent that the mechanical lock in the passenger door under the thumb cap has failed!!! So if it's battery goes flat at any time the only way I can get into the car is by removing the front bumper to open the bonnet !!

Anyone know how i go about investigating the door lock actuator etc? A step by step guide would be brilliant. my old friend google hasn't been much help :(

i would mount an external live wire somewhere michael (like an AA truck) so that you can clip a charger or jumpleads onto it :)

That sounds like a good plan but you gotta believe me I wouldn't know where to start lol. Can you elaborate a little bit?

Last edited:
ddb3866bdb4d2ec9578a4c899a45466b.jpg

244d3c78cdf9d5bd6073500a9a07af79.jpg

bae87da6d751c0fe8221e18f5bd3ae94.jpg

Anyone know how to remove the part the key goes into?

Those look good and sound like it could bypass the need for the lock, any idea where to mount it though? Also how do you connect to the plug then? Doesn't look like you can connect jump leads to it?

Yes and it brings up ebay with loads of different leads? Sorry I have no experience with the AA as I've never used them or RAC etc so this is completely new to me. Do you connect the two ends to the battery, then the other end does/goes what/where? Sorry I genuinely have no clue !

I'm guessing one end wires up to the battery terminals of the car leaving you with a socket connection to plug jump leads to.

Back