Locked out.. By dead battery and manual lock

My micra(2004) has locked me out. I went out and all my low beam lights were flashing Tried both key fobs with no luck, pried off the manual lock cover on the passenger door and neither key would turn in it. I last used it around 2 years ago, already tried oil in it and on the key.

And the battery is now defiantly dead.

Anyone have any ideas other than me smashing the window to get in? Or a way to unlock the bonnet to charge it?

First task is to get in, second to figure out why it's lights started going when the keys not in it as it normally cuts the lights when the doors opened and you get out.

You may be able to get a positive jump lead on the alternator terminal from underneath, and negative to anywhere to give the car power.

Brick.jpg

hoops knuckle duster :)
jokes aside ,but if my car spat me out like this exact situation ,,,,,,,, id be slightly unhappy :)

I would first try and put power to the altenator.. if that can be done... use a screw driver to unluck the boot door (only if you have a boot release handle next to the drivers seat)

My micra(2004) has locked me out. I went out and all my low beam lights were flashing Tried both key fobs with no luck, pried off the manual lock cover on the passenger door and neither key would turn in it. I last used it around 2 years ago, already tried oil in it and on the key.

And the battery is now defiantly dead.

Anyone have any ideas other than me smashing the window to get in? Or a way to unlock the bonnet to charge it?

First task is to get in, second to figure out why it's lights started going when the keys not in it as it normally cuts the lights when the doors opened and you get out.
Sorry for getting distracted

id pump it full of WD40 or the like and wiggle the poope out of the key, trying not to break it. other than that its AA time unless you know someone with a lock out kit, or my first suggestion is still an option, just messy and will cost for a new window

I would much rather do the window in than bugger the door frame.
weve had to do this at work chris when customer car go into lockdown with the keys in the ignition -__- lol we have part of a kit there a plastic wedge kind of like a door stop which you slide in the gap in the door then a airbag you inflate to open the gap then we usuallly use brake pipe to pull pins/ press buttons or what ever to open the door and it never leaves a mark on it

id pump it full of WD40 or the like and wiggle the poope out of the key, trying not to break it. other than that its AA time unless you know someone with a lock out kit, or my first suggestion is still an option, just messy and will cost for a new window

Kept trying this for the last week, but i havent used the hidden lock in over 2years so another week of wiggling at it may get it going. think the AA may just tow it to a garage if the locks totall siezed up...

Back