Dead battery - locked out

I have searched the internet but find no real solution ( apart from putting a brick through the window ) to my problem. I have come back from holiday, the car battery seems dead as I get no response from it. I cant get into the car, even the passenger door lock wont work. Is there any other way I can pop the boot or bonnet, just to get into the car?

Any info would be helpful

the lock on the passenger side (behind the handle cover) is a manual lock (theres a linkage from the barrel to the door catch

you may find where its never been used its stiff (it will only open that door as the cl is dead)

I need help. Been away, flat battery, can't unlock!!

Found the plastic cover with the picture of the key on it. There is a small slot underneath.

What am I supposed to do? Does the cover slide off? Where is the key hole? Do I put the key in the small slot?

Unfortunately the owners' manual is in the car!!

TIA

I've had the same problem. Here's what I did:

Put something in the slot and pull the cover off. Pull it towards you, away from the car.

Put key in newly exposed lock and unlock the car.

Enter the car from the passenger side.

Try to climb across to the drivers side and pull the bonnet release... almost breaking your leg in the process! :D

Spend half an hour trying to work out how to get the bonnet open...

Hook up some jump leads to another car alongside, while blocking the road...

Start car... Unhook jump leads, drive off after much cursing and swearing! :laugh:

PS: How long was your holiday? It's pretty rare for a car battery to go flat in less than 1 month!

Ha! Funny, but so true. Done that a few times myself. You'll probably find the battery goes flat again in a few weeks and need a new battery - happened to me (well my wifes car actually). Went to halfords and batteries were around £75! Shocking. I managed to pick a new one off the net for £40 though. Worth shopping around if you need one.