Locked Out / Generally ######ed

Can anybody suggest anything that may help in this situation...

2003 Micra with a flat battery, I think the battery in the key fob is dead too (it's been stood for 6 months). I can't get into it or get the bonnet up. I've tried the lock hidden under the cap on the passenger side, the key goes in and turns but the car doesn't unlock.

Does anybody know if the keys have transponders? Is it refusing to open with the key because of a code? Does the fact that the battery has died in the fob mean it will need to be reset?

It's parked forwards in a garage so it's hard to see / try anything. Is there another way of opening the car? If I could get into it, I could roll it out of the garage and get the bonnet up to try and get it started.

One of the windows is down far enough to reach the inside handle but it won't open, presumably because of deadlocks, otherwise I'd just smash my way in.

Any help would be appreciated.

passenger side door handle has a removable cover on it , remove this and you will find a door lock to open doors in such an emergancy, it also has a picture of a little key on it and a cut out (very small) underneath where you can prize it off with your key.(Y)

passenger side door handle has a removable cover on it , remove this and you will find a door lock to open doors in such an emergancy, it also has a picture of a little key on it and a cut out (very small) underneath where you can prize it off with your key.(Y)

Thanks for this but I've tried it. The key goes in and turns but it doesn't unlock. Tried it both ways multiple times. The key fob battery has been replaced but it's still not working.

I've been underneath and found the bonnet cable, pulled on that but it won't open. The whole thing is dead or seized up. It's been stood for six months so I wasn't expecting the batteries to have any life in them, but as the supposed back up method for opening the doors doesn't work, I'm at a complete loss.

could it be that the car battery is completly dead? thus rendering all the solinoids in the car usless? if it had a tow bar you could reverse charge the battery through the electric hook up, or maybe there is another way....

ok I have found a way to get charge into car... jack the front end up and put on axle stands, the live to starter motor the thick red one remove from starter for safty reasons and attach battery charger to this lead connect the other negitive side to any where on chassis make sure the live aint going to touch chassis then leave to charge battery up, when charged just put lead back on starter motor remove axle stands bobs your uncle and fanny,s your aunt

Back