03 1.0 E key fob wont work and manual lock wont unlock car

Hello I know absolutely nothing about cars - tonight i have only learnt that a dead car battery can stop a key fob working so help would massively be appreciated . I have an 03 plate nissan micra E. The other day i removed the key from the ignition the key didnt come with it just the fob...i put the key back into the fob got out the car and it wouldn't lock, got back in turned the engine got out and it locked fine. Been out with it during the next day. Went to get into the car today it wouldn't unlock at all, i even tried the manual lock on the passager door (now two reason I've been told that might not work is A) the ignition locks and key have been changed and manual lock has not been replaced along side it or it needs a bit of wd40 to losen the lock) I have no idea if the battery is dead because i can't get into the car. Is there any tell tale signs not sure if the immobiliser light flashes on my model. I'm going to try and replace the fob battery, my worry id if the whole key fob is broken I won't know how to get it fixed without paying the dealer costs as ive heard the NATs system for nissans is absolutely annoying. Is there any other reason as to why this wouldn't work.

Please note in manual lock the key goes in and turns both ways but i guessing not far enough

Thanks in advance

Bumb. I have fixed the car. Battary was completely dead. When we attahed a portable battary the immobiliser light came back on. We gained access via the boot. We're not sure why it drained put it down to being a old battary.

Taking car fob to be reprogrammed tomorrow. Not locking car untill its fixed.

Back