Lightened flywheel help

ok so i fitted my lightened flywheel the other day and put everything back together, then i went to start the car all i got was a half an engine turn and a click and now all im getting is a click, is there something wrong with the flywheel or is it to do with my battery, ive had jump leads connected but its not solved the problem

probably not connected then frank but i didnt see anything not connected. would the starter turn at all if the earth was disconnected surely not

yes i put it together myself, i no where the motor is, i removed it then refitted it and it goes to turn then just clicks as if it gets stuck but if your keep the starter on it will spin

well if you jump it with another battery (but put the jumplead earth on the engine somewhere) and it starts ok, then its that earthstrap

its a click then click then it get to be a fast pace click you no., nope its one i bought from mayes motorsport, engine doesnt turn as far as i can tell

you might wanna check that nothing is trapped (push the car in 3rd gear to make sure the engine still moves) and the pre 98 1.0 f/w has a shallower dish (different starter ring offset/alignment)

mine used to click afew times due to insufficient power from a slightly dying old battery and bad oxidised grounding cable that bolted to the chassis under the battery.

try grinding the grounding plate & chassis area to bare metal for best contact. also check the battery voltage unplugged is 12.5v+ and not dropping overnight.

my cg'd k10 used to lock up sometimes but that was due to the puny k10 motor and a high compression cg engine and a 3.25kg flywheel lol

id love to but im in ireland man wouldnt be worth the hassle, but sure when im going to drive to amsterdam in the summer ill try fit a meet in

Back