Lightened/Balanced Crank And Flywheel

Stani1029

Club Member
ive handed my engine in to get the crank and flywheel lightened and balanced, also im getting my tomei cams valve clearances all sorted out, does anybody have past experiences of these modifications and the power difference?? cheers fwn

Are you gettintg an alloy fly, or a standard one lightened?
Tomei cams hould fit with very little problems as the bases (on mine anyway) were very close to std nissan reccomendations.
Where you getting the crank balanced + how much?

swiper

the one in the pic is 3kg on our bathroom scales,( might be a bit inaccurate tho !)
i balanced it crudely with a bearing in the middle, and chalked it btw

life,s too short for perfection o_O

swiper

the one in the pic is 3kg on our bathroom scales,( might be a bit inaccurate tho !)
i balanced it crudely with a bearing in the middle, and chalked it btw

life,s too short for perfection o_O

damn that's light. i fitted a cg10 one ('98> for 180mm clutch) which is 2kgs lighter than the cg13, but the std cg10 one is still about 6kg.

I had it done on an old mini i had years ago, it made a lot of difference on acceleration, it picked up a hell of a lot faster, it did however have an adverse effect though, there was heavier engine braking.

swiper

just tried a 5kg box of washing powder on them (bang on, so can,t be far out)

sonic

yes, in 1st and 2nd, there was a big difference
the only problem i had, was kept stalling the damn car !

swiper

the local machine shop charged me about 20 quid to skim it down to the starter ring, i attacked it with a drill myself
a pro balance is probably about 40 i reckon

I had it done on an old mini i had years ago, it made a lot of difference on acceleration, it picked up a hell of a lot faster, it did however have an adverse effect though, there was heavier engine braking.

I take that you have to clutch perfectly then? :glance:

I hate accidently hitting 1st instead of third..

Back