LH Rear wheel locks up

Anyone ever had this problem before; basically after reversing a few meters the LH rear wheel just locks up on its own accord, as though the handbrake has been applied. If I then pull forward it locks up again and can take a good 20meters or so before the wheel rotates again. I have loosened of the handbrake adjuster at the handbrake end to no avail. Anyone any other suggestions?

Anyone ever had this porblem before; basically after reversing a few meters the LH rear wheel just locks up on its own accord, as though the handbrake has been applied. If I then pull forward it locks up again and can take a good 20meters or so before the wheel rotates again. I have loosened of the handbrake adjuster at the handbrake end to no avail. Anyone any other suggestions?

Maybe a damaged rear drum / brake shoe matertial loose thats jaming the wheel Ela?

No, I don't think it is handbrake related, I never leave the handbrake applied in this weather (minus 11.C over here).

Oh okay, was just checking.

My dad left his car parked up for 6 days with the handbrake on and the rear drums seized.

We gave it a good whack with a hammer and it eventually freed off when going in reverse. It did keep locking occasional but some driving and it sorted itself out

Robodestro, this is exactly the problem, well there was also another slight problem, 120 quid for the new rear brake kit that I had to buy to fix the problem:eek:

Here is the offending shoe
250374_10151392210961054_1341899881_n.jpg

And the overhaul kit
72544_10151392210966054_1071010757_n.jpg

Back