Rear spring spacer???

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Hiya all.
The front of my Micra has been lowered for a couple of weeks now and yesterday I fitted some Corsa b shocks to the rear and chopped the springs down to get a nice drop.
It was all sitting level with a measurement of 12inches from the arch to the centre of the wheel and about a 1inch gap between tyre and the arch. It looked good. Me was a happy boy :)
Anyway, I came out this morning and have found that the rear has settled over night and has dropped by 1inch. Although its not very noticable and most people won't notice it, but I know it's there and it's glaring at me when ever I look at it :(

I don't really want to get another set of springs to chop and so was wondering if I could make up a circular spacer approx 1inch thick to go in the cup under each spring.
Has anyone done this before and can anyone foresee any problems with this??

Excellent idea. Might take a look at those!!

Just had a thought tho........I have a toolbox, trolley jack, axle stands in the boot lol
That may well be the problem!! Will go check it out.....doah!!!!

Just seen this post on my phone, but waited until back at my desk to reply with - just cut the front to match. But it seems I was no the first to think that.

Back