learner car insurance??

hi anybody on the site got a micra k11 on here thats insured as a learner?
if so what company are you using as my sons trying to get a company that will insure him as a learner that wont bankrupt him with silly prices grr many thanks JANE (Y)

When i was a learner i was with Quinn, and it was about £1300, thats about the cheapest i found. And then when i passed it went up slightlyfwn

its alot of money, but you just have to bite the bullet and pay it for the 1st few years until it starts to become cheaper.

wow seems to be erally veried with Quinns.
I was also with Quinns it was £600(ish) then when i passed my test the graciously added an extra £500 to the price!!! grr

Thanks for the reply guys :grinning: any one got there parents on the insurance as well as a "named driver" or just on your own thanks...........:)

It goes up when you pass because you dont have to have an experienced driver with you anymore, and as with most people the experienced driver is usually their parents.
So they day you pass your test you can drive without your parents being there, which inevitably leads to 90% of people bouncing their cars off the limiter :p

Mine's so cheap because like you say, she's the named driver.
Even when I pass she's staying on the insurance :D

im the main driver passed and girl friend as named driver on a prov im 21 and she 24 and it is £375 tpft 0 excess on a 1l m red micra 2 yrs ncb

Im main driver but adding my mum + Dad took another £200 off the £2300 (fully comp and i was 17 at the time) that Churchill wanted.

Back