leaky front passenger

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
so its been raining all day, and i found out tonight that my front passenger foot area is sopping wet... I traced the water to the top left of the carpet all other edges (door trim, next to gearbox) are dry. Could this be a windscreen leak?!? I sure hope not..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
has yours got a sunroof pierce ? (the sills can fill up from the s/r drainpipes if the sill drainholes are blocked)
or else a bulkhead leak that drips onto the ecu (2 msc guys had this, check polly,s blog)

frank

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
thanks frank, no sunroof and upon inspection parts of my windscreen passenger side seals are splitting...

I think i just got a full body repair and shell rustproofing, cut, primed and painted canary yellow for 4grand arranged. Still months away though and I have to arrange alot of the time to strip it down and also space for all the stripped parts..

Lot of friggin work to fit into my 45 hour work weeks already...

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
I know right polarbear.. so miserable.
Thanks 1300cc, will definitely check that asap.

More info though I found where its leaking from the interior, with the passenger door closed, on the right of the speaker there is a plastic piece with a bolt holding the plastic on, the water is running in from the plastic piece.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
hey

as frank mentioned, my 93 1.3 slx had a passenger footwell leak during a monsoon after i rebuilt her (which then shorted out my NATS). turned out to be the rubber seal for the scuttle panel clip beneath the windscreen bulkhead which has perished and allowed water directly into the fan inlet and so passenger well

pollyp

Attachments

• 52187.jpg
    52187.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 27

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
if left too long, yeah. and the carpet would get more mouldy and emit that wet wallpaper smell. and if its leaking bad enough, could even short out the ecu eventually like in my case.

i'd get it sorted when convenient

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
just done this repair myself , the rubber under the green clip had perished , and the water drops into the heater air inlet !!

and if you look carefully , the shape of the metal means the water drains over the clip

Back