• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 wet passenger and drivers floor.

Hi all, apols for the long post....i have a K11, year 2001, three door,no a/c,no sunroof.
After raining I have wet passenger and drivers floors.( Not coolant as the water is colourless and clean)
I have removed scuttle cover and sealed the green window holders and the plastic scuttle receiver plugs.I have sealed the rubber seal where the wires run from the upper part of both doors into the main bodywork. I can see the air intake in the scuttle and didn't notice any water dripping into it when I used a water hose to mimic heavy rain.
Bottom of A pillars are dry and no water sitting in the cills.Also freed up base of the mud flaps so now drain away quickly.
Is it possible for water to transfer from the passenger side floor to the drivers side floor or does it mean I have two water entry points,one for eack floorwell...
I'm snookered at the moment...anyone got any suggestions...

Inspect the plasticised rubber windscreen seal all around & reseal as required.

The plastic trim underneath the wipers/below the windscreen (outside) has windscreen positioning support clips that hold it down sometimes when the clips/pins break they stop sealing properly and water gets in and down to the foot wells.

See all the pictures in the link below:

Good luck water divining. ;)

Last edited:
Inspect the plasticised rubber windscreen seal all around & reseal as required.

The plastic trim underneath the wipers/below the windscreen (outside) has windscreen positioning support clips that hold it down sometimes when the clips/pins break they stop sealing properly and water gets in and down to the foot wells.

See all the pictures in the link below:

Good luck water divining. ;)
🤣 😭... Thanks..."Inspect the plasticised rubber windscreen seal all around & reseal as required." i will take a look at this ..fingers and toes crossed..

Hi all, apols for the long post....i have a K11, year 2001, three door,no a/c,no sunroof.
After raining I have wet passenger and drivers floors.( Not coolant as the water is colourless and clean)
I have removed scuttle cover and sealed the green window holders and the plastic scuttle receiver plugs.I have sealed the rubber seal where the wires run from the upper part of both doors into the main bodywork. I can see the air intake in the scuttle and didn't notice any water dripping into it when I used a water hose to mimic heavy rain.
Bottom of A pillars are dry and no water sitting in the cills.Also freed up base of the mud flaps so now drain away quickly.
Is it possible for water to transfer from the passenger side floor to the drivers side floor or does it mean I have two water entry points,one for eack floorwell...
I'm snookered at the moment...anyone got any suggestions...
Inspect and reseal the rubber windscreen seal as needed. The plastic trim underneath the wipers may have positioning support clips that can break, causing improper sealing and water leakage into the footwells. rip wheeler jacket

Inspect and reseal the rubber windscreen seal as needed. The plastic trim underneath the wipers may have positioning support clips that can break, causing improper sealing and water leakage into the footwells. rip wheeler jacket
Tks ...Just waiting for a run of dry weather and i will check windscreen seals...im hoping this could be the issue

Back