Launch of the Micra K12 in Aussie

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Well the day must be getting close.Anyone heard anything. I have registered with Nissan Autralia requesting updates etc. No doubt the local sales rep for Nissan will be after me when it hits the show rooms.I just want to go and poke around it and the Tiida and see how easily the Tiida motor will fit into the K12.Yet to decide if the Micra shape will be to my liking but until you see it in the flesh bit hard to say.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Was at the Ekka (Royal show) in Brisbane afew weeks ago looking at the Tiida and noticed they had a Micra there as well. I asked the salesman about it and he told me "will be out in November and will only come in Auto" I told him that Nissan has been abit stupid the last couple of years and this is what we've come to expect.

He told me also that they where using the Micra just to get back in the small car market and that a totally new small car would be here in the next year or two.

Well my wife wants a Tiida and i don't think i can talk her out of it can anybody give me any good/bad about the car,other than it not being built in Japan anymore.

She wants the Tiida Q in auto..

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Thanks Tony. Yes be bloody madness just to bring out in an auto only.The Tiida I don't know. Go to Errol Smiths web site datrats and read what he says about it. He bought one for his wife. Errol been around and used to rally full on and he rates it okay.The shape turns me off a bit but so does the K12 but will wait until I see it in the flesh.
Seems strange Nissan would bring out the Micra then say after 2 years dump it for something else! Shades of the K11.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh.. I've never understood why the australian motoring journalists didn't like the Tiida. Sure its a very japanese car but underneath the slightly dorky skin its a good car. And as he says, the MR18 is a fantastic motor. Its just so driveable and willing to rev.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
I have been driving in a Tiida and I reckon it's not a bad car. I agree it's not very interesting or exciting to drive (so it's not an enthusiast's car like the k11 micra). However, interior space is great, the build quality seems good and it represents great value for money for the average motorist.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Think the main bagging the Tiida got was lack of options and that certain goodies missing so they could keep the price very competitive. Yes the motor always had good reviews.

Back