Engine Swap Micra K12

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
The Micra is available in some countries with the HR16DE motor, same motor as in Tiida in some countries. In Aussie Tiida comes with the MR18DE. I would assume that this would be a direct fit into a K12.
Comments please.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
How about bolting one of these Impul supercharger kits!

Attachments

• 27586.jpg
    27586.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 52

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Just looked at the web site. Hmm an HR15DE which is a Micra K12 variant fitted with the Impul supercharger kit.
Maybe I have found my project.
Son of White Knight.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Would make a nice bolt-on project. Almost too easy! Might look at it when there are some cheaper K12's available second-hand. The way parts availabilty works, it would pay to get these sort of kits while they they are still made. Eg K11 Nismo LSD's.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
No matter what kit you fit to it... I'll always dislike the lights that come on it :( If someone actually modified the shape to accomodate 350Z/Swift type lights on the front or something.. then I'd probably like it a lot more.

Either way, would be a quick little car with a blower bolted on :)

---dens

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Agreed. I certainly wouldn't buy a K12 unless I planned on getting something to dress it up to make sure it didn't look like a K12! The bodykit makes the best of a slightly bad thing. A supercharger kit would be the icing on the cake.

The K11 had just the right proportions for a mini style car whereas I think they've moved the wrong way with cab-forward designs which sees stubby noses with the engine buried under the dash. I know they give more cabin room etc but they're compromised in lots of other ways.

Good thing about the K12 is there is lots more aftermarket bits to be had.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Ever driven a Toyota Yaris? Talk about a lot of dash in front of you with motor under most of it. No way you can touch the front windscreen sitting in the front seats unless your mother was a gorilla ( or father, or both)
I am not 100% wrapped in the K12 shape but its growing on me and some of those kits really make a diff.
Well if I wait say 2 years and pick up a second hand K12 then source a HR15DE motor plus supercahrger kit should make for a quick car at a reasonable price while remaining part of the Micra brigade.
Wife likes the K12 shape so that is half the battle.
Thanks Tony for the pics.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
We've had the K12 for quite a while, the front is OK but from certain angles looking at the back, I have to refrain from puking every time. Wonder why there's no pictures looking at the rear shown above. Needs something like an old Porshce rear spolier to just hide everything.

Yes the MR18DE or MR20DE & 6spd would likely be a bolt in swap seeing as the K12 chassis is just a shorter version of the Tiida.

SR20DE has already been swapped in NZ.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
I will wait till I see it in the flesh. The shape may turn me off completly. Pics okay but nothing like the real thing.
Hmmm sounds like the MR18DE may be the way to go In Aussie. Should be a few scrapped Tiidas floating around in a couple of years.
Funny I rang Nissan customer service plus local Nissan dealer neither would /could advise if the Ausssie version about to be released in Sept. would come with choice of manual/automatic. Rumours are auto only which would be a big mistake.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
which transmission they bring out in would also relate towhat type of person they are trying to sell it to. i would assume a lof of younger female drivers would get one and most of them dont drive manuals. i been thinking i should get my girlfriend one when they come out. i really dont like the headlights on them but that can be changes with some maneouvering. get some eyelid cover things to block out top half of light. like the ones posted by tony his 4th pic.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
From this angle, note the arch similar to the back end of a Chrysler Crosfire hardtop, i.e. the same arch of a dogs back doing it's business

Attachments

• 27625.jpg
    27625.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 34

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
... but at at the end of the day, I quite like the front end, I like the headlights, & I like the 2 door version (it has doors big enough for me to get in & out of).
Here's a "Nismo" version, 5spd of course. (It has Nismo exhaust, wheels & seats)

Attachments

• 27628.jpg
    27628.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 27
Back