New Micra availabe at the end of the year

CMF_BNbruce

» CMF Member
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce both Brighton Nissan and myself, to Nissan Micra car club of Australia. We would like the opportunity of becoming a preferred supplier of New Nissan motor vehicles to your Members and families.
A few facts about Brighton Nissan that will be an advantage to Nissan Micra car club’s members and there families.
We are conveniently located at 931 Nepean Hwy, on the city side of South Road, in Bentleigh. We are a true stand alone Nissan Dealer, although we did become part of the Jefferson Automotive Group on May 2nd of 2005.

In this time, we have become the largest volume Nissan Dealer in Australia. This was achieved without compromising vehicle quality or customer satisfaction, as we hold these two values very high.
Our Service Centre is situated here at the main Dealership and services both Nissan and all other makes of vehicle. In 2005 we were one of only two dealers in Melbourne awarded Nissan’s 5 Star Service Centre status, this award is judged by customers of the dealership.
It is open from Monday to Friday from 8.00am until 5.30 pm and on Saturday from 8.30am until 12.00 noon. In addition, all service vehicles receive a complimentary wash and vacuum at the completion of work.
I can assure you, that Brighton Nissan will treat your members and there families with the utmost respect and courtesy, at all times

Yours truly,
Bruce Owen

New Vehicle Sales Consultant
Brighton Nissan

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
I went to Brighton Nissan to have a look at a 2nd hand 2001 200SX GT Spec S there..Lets just say I wasn't exactly impressed by the salesman I was dealing with.

But I guess 2nd hand sales are different to new car sales.

You've said the new micra's gonna be available at the end of the year, we know this...could you possibly give us any extra information??

cisco

» CMF Member
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and highlighting the K12 micra arriving soon and your eagerness to provide some quality customer service.

Do you have any further information regarding specifications and pricing?

- What equipment will be stripped from the overseas models to make the Australian model? E.g. some interior trim removed to lower the cost after importing to Australia, loss of inbuilt GPS/satnav system that is optional on Japanese models, rear brakes Drums instead of possible disc overseas options etc. We're keen to know exactly how the Aussie model will differ from the overseas models. This was an area that cost the k11 dearly in Australia and made it more of a "poverty pack" compared to overseas models. E.g. Australian K11s didn't even have cup holders, so everyone tried to source some from Japanese k11s.

- Will there be any kind of sport/performance model? E.g. the same as the previous K11 Super S. Except a sport model actually with a more powerful engine and improved handling etc? Because the K11 Super S had the same power output as every other K11 micra.

The biggest thing that has disenchanted Australian K11 owners has been the terrible lack of after sales parts availability and price of genuine Nissan parts. Today, K11 micras are almost unheard of in so many stores. Even in Nissan dealerships, you are unable to order in a whole pile of critical parts, and the ones that you are able to order in are ridiculously expensive. It would be great to see Nissan Australia support the customer for 10 years after the original purchase with a fully stocked range of reasonably priced parts. That is probably the biggest reason that would prevent me from buying a Nissan again next time. I walked into Nissan Dealerships when my micra was not so old, only to be quoted ridiculous prices for parts and to also be told to go to an irrigation supplies shop for one of the Micra's O-rings in the cooling system, which Nissan decided to discontinue.

How can Nissan Australia or Nissan Dealerships guarantee us that things will be different this time?

Many of us have bought new Swifts now and I myself have purchased a Ralliart Colt. In a way, Nissan have missed the boat to some degree, but its still great news that they are having another crack in the Australian market. We also know that the K12 has been around since 2002 overseas, so its already 5 years old when hitting Australian shores. Where as other companies e.g. Mitsubishi are bringing us over their absolute cutting edge latest vehicles that were only released in Japan in the past year. E.g. Ralliart Colt. The headlights on the K12 already look a bit outdated/non-crystal. Compare those to the headlights of a Ralliart Colt and the K12 already looks aged.

Small cars are starting to take more of a hold in this country, slowly, slowly. I believe you could sell a lot of vehicles if there was a really appealing sporty/fast kind of model that small car enthusiasts could get excited about.

Regards

Aaron.
www.micra.com.au

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Spot on Cisco. There was a small write up in our Sunday newspaper but said stuff all only that it had a 1.4lt. motor. I bet we do not see a full list of options and a more powerful engine.
Yes all of us who remained faithful to the mighty K11 were well and truly deserted by Nissan.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Stuff the k12 bring the k11 back! Isn't the k11 and tiida being made in the same factory now?? They'd be better of bringing the k11 over the k12 i think,That or something totally new that has some appeal.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
He's just another bloody car salesman trying to drum up a bit of business. Notice he hasn't been back to answer your questions? They make me sick. He'll sell you a car, sure, but after sales service? What's that????

Sorry for my cynicism guys, but really!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
^^^ +1 on Micragirl's comments

..Although he could prove me wrong

I'd still be interested if the K12 came with a sports model, something to rival the Swift Sport and to a lesser (and most likely much slower and boatier) extent the Ralliart Colt...

But only if it didn't get hacked up in regards to the spec. levels as the K11 did

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Really, all the questions that I asked, are best directed to Nissan Australia. Not a particular dealership. Nevertheless, it would be great to get his thoughts.

CMF_BNbruce

» CMF Member
So any esitimates of pricing and specs of the "new" k12 that we will be seeing?
Not as yet the Specs and prices we wont see until the middle of the year or closer the realize date.

But I guess 2nd hand sales are different to new car sales.
New car Sales are all about the Customer and there needs and wants and how us as Sales consultants can help you as a customer get into the ideal car.

What equipment will be stripped from the overseas models to make the Australian model?
From what I have seen the micra comes with cup holders dual SRS front airbags advanced braking systems. All the little mod cons that a modern car needs.

How can Nissan Australia or Nissan Dealerships guarantee us that things will be different this time?
This time Car Sales consultants are all about the customer, they are more worried about what car will suit the life style of the customer and what is the cars intented use and purpose is going to be.

If there is any more questions please let me know and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Will the micras be coming from UK or Japan?

If Japan, does that mean 1.2L 5spd & 1.4L autos only?

If UK, would the 1.4L & 1.6L 5spds be available?

If australia gets UK sourced Micras, does it follow that New Zealand would get the same supply?

Back