Larger diameter(15") alloy wheel question

Hi
I'm new to the micra club bought my k11 about 6 months ago

Its currently has 13" orginal steel wheels
I want to change them to 15" alloys if possible
I'm a bit worried about few things
1. Will it rub against the car when i turn? or go over a bump
2. Will the speedo meter reading be wrong because of the larger wheel size?

Wil be grateful to anyone who can answer!

It will not rub, I have 15" Alloys with 45 profile tyres, and my suspension is lowered 35mm. I have no problems at all, I don't know anyone here that has had problems with a K11 on 15" wheels. It's when u go up to 16s its where u run into problems.

My speedo's been more accurate since i went to 15's. Speedo was well out on 13" wheels.

not easily. It won't be that wrong it's worth worrying about. Ever thought about 14's?

I've got a nice set of 14s for sale in the buy and sell ;)

Don't forget bigger rims are heavier, and will waste quite a bit of your 54bhp :)

the speedo will probs not be affected because the lower profile of the new alloys will compensate for the tractor tyres that come on std steelies.

once again, 17s will go on with the correct offset and falken 512 tyres with a 35mm drop with no scrubbing, i only got a tiny amount of rubbing with the huge install in.

not easily. It won't be that wrong it's worth worrying about. Ever thought about 14's?

I've got a nice set of 14s for sale in the buy and sell ;)

Don't forget bigger rims are heavier, and will waste quite a bit of your 54bhp :)

lol always plugging a sale :p

I was looking at some 15"s will they knock out the speedo? someone confirm it please... oh and there is 6.5" and 7" width? 6.5 would be best right?

Back