Lamda sensor needed?

Hi everybody.

I am new to this site, and hope someone may be able to help me.
I have a Micra 1.2 SX 2003 (53 plate) 36000 miles.

The car is running very poor on start up but runs ok when warmed up, but the fuel consumption is very low, also the engine management light is showing on the dashboard.

I took the car into a local garage they charged me £75.00 to rectify the problem and it seemed better for a couple of weeks then it all returned. I took it back to the garage who told me it was the Lambda sensor that was at fault. He quoted £125.00 plus fitting, I have noticed on the internet they can be bought for around 1/2 to 2/3 of that cost, but I notice there are 2 of them to choose from. have you guys any idea which one if any, is the problem and is it an easy job to replace myself.

Many thanks

Mike Collins

Im not good on the k12 so i'll leave it to the experts

But remember that garages charge like £42-£60 an hours nowdays...so thats not bad with the part included

Im pretty sure its just a screw out and screw in job with a spanner, but i could be wrong

hi mike

i think your car will have 2 lambda,s, it would pay you to have the fault codes read before buying any parts :)

what frank said im sure their is a way to read the codes your self using a pin was it you frank who told us or someone else? lol

you can read the flashes on the pre99ish obd1 plugs, but i think you need a code reader for the obd2 systems, (unless there,s been a method posted on the ilexa forum ?)

Back