Hesitation.... Lamda valve?

HNY peeps.....
My sons 98 1.0 has this problem, which seems very similar to what others have had when reading on here.
seems like its a controlled on / off throttle situation, on part throttle load situations, "Hesitation thru the gears" as someone described it.
started as an intermittent fault but now 100% (however from cold its ok for 100yds before kicking in. (Feels like its in some form of "Get you home mode")

Otherwise, starts OK, ticks over OK, checked Plugs, all look rich.

Disconnected the Lamda sensor, no change, (My multi-meter is at a mates so I cant check the Lamda)

Any ideas?....... thanks...

solder joints at throttle bodie-famous resoldering guide stone somewhere
or maybe the connector plug that goes on the throttle body needs a wigle and a jiggle

Shaun had the hesitation through gears and he seems to have solved the problem by soldering the joints on the MAF.

Shaun had the hesitation through gears and he seems to have solved the problem by soldering the joints on the MAF.

Could someone explain to me where this MAF connection is....and how and what do I re-solder.
(I noticed a link on another thread, but it wouldnt alow me to open it)

Thanks.

(I noticed a link on another thread, but it wouldnt alow me to open it)

hope it helps. this is the guide converted to pics

cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide-0.jpg

cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide-1.jpg

cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide-2.jpg

cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide-3.jpg

WE USED TO DO THIS BACK IN ABOUT 1996. IT WORKS WELL. BOUGHT A FEW TRADE INS IN THE PAST ON THE CHEAP UNDER THE PRETENSE OF THE MAFS BEING 400 QUID ODD. DEALER PRINCIPALS NOT BOTHERED TO LET CAR GO TO US MECHANICS WHEN THEY CUT OUT ALL THE TIME HEHE:laugh:

Cheers peeps...... i may get a look at it this afternoon, want to check the lamda values first tho......I will feedback my findings...

Sadly it didnt work..... however an interesting little task, which went well when following the above procedure.

So..... back to the Lamda valve.........what in past experience is the bet way to remove this beasty.....dont fancy risking an open ended spanner, but cant see any other way due tio the units shape??..........any thoughts??

OK.... bad news..... good news, Well, asked a local mechanic who did a diagnostic check,result all ok but Lambda possibly suspect, he wasnt 100% tho...... so got a universal one £30...... and guess what no change:down:

So, tonight, off with dizzy cap cleaned with wd40.........no change,

Then, off with fuel filter, seemed blocked but it blew out and then it seemed clear, not having a new one I put it back on.......... ya hooooo!! success (Y)

So morale of the story....(and i`ve said this a few times over the years) start with the simple things!!!

Tomorrow, put on a new filter, at least my sons over the moon now, and I`m a bit happier ......

Cheers peeps, for the help and support.

I resoldered them by reheating then adding more solder. simples.

Open end spanner for the lambda unless you wanna hunt down that cut open tool

im guessing its easier to do it out the car? lol its funny tho as at the end of the day your not actually do much to it

im guessing its easier to do it out the car? lol its funny tho as at the end of the day your not actually do much to it
Yeah take it out of the car i wouldn't risk soldering electrical components whilst it's still on there, besides it would be awkward.
5 mins to get it out 1 min to solder, can have it running again within 10mins.

Back