Kwik-fit fails to fit new exhaust. Help please.

G

Gespi

Hi,
I bought my own first car (K11 SR 1.3i 1996) in march 2005. A month ago I went to Kwik-fit for new exhaust. They said that I need new exhaust system. I paid the asking price of J372. Since then I am every day there asking them to finish the job. The exhaust system stays very low and does not fit into the provided space. They said it is the bracket. They changed it 3 more times but every time they fitted the same type of bracket. It took me 3 weeks to make them admit that maybe this is not the right exhaust system for my micra because it is SR. They agreed but said that they have spoken with Nissan and there is nothing else available. I do not believe that.

My question is do you know what exhaust is originally fitted from the manufacturer on my type of car or where I can get that information from?

My car is
Micra SR 1.3i 1996 16V twin cam K11

Please help. It is so frustrating. I believe they are playing me. I suspect they know what is wrong but because it is their fault they would not say because I already paid them and they have to take the expenses to make it right.

help

I just want exhaust system that fits nicely in the provided space. Is it too much to ask :grinning:

did they use a genuine exhaust or a cheaper replacement? some of the cheaper replacement exhausts don't fit properly, just a thought.

If it is the correct one it will have a silver finish that lines up with the bumper. the SR is 96-98, which all have the same silver tip back-box

It should be outwardly rolled, I really hate Quick-fit, they are basically rip-off merchants from my experience.
Go in there and quote the sales of goods act at them and places often perk up their service to you

The 1.3 system of any 1.3 should fit..

To me it sounds like Kwik fit havn't fitted the 2nd CAT mount bracket..

If i recall correctly.. When i went to kwik fit... they dont actually sell this 2nd cat ount which could be the cause of you problems..

Thanks for the help! The problem was solved today.

:grinning: My problem had a sudden solution this evening. :grinning:

I went back to kwik-fit today as agreed so they could change the front pipe. There was one fellow I have not seen before. He looked at the exhaust and gave instructions to one of the workmen there. He said "We are going to fit this bracket the other way around".
15 min later I had my exhaust properly fitted in the provided space. Problem solved.

It took them 4 weeks and 3 brackets to realize that all the time they have been fitting the bracket the wrong way around. And they caused me so much frustration. I don't know should I laugh or cry but one thing is for sure I will avoid them like hell.

glad u got it sorted mate.

To be hinest,
Ive never had anything but great service from my local kwikfit.. They even help me fix me janspeed manifold leak even tought there not supposed to touch 'un-kickfit fitted parts' ... or non standard parts... really helpful in leigh..

Back