• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Krish's 1.0L Beast! Project

Thats good but obv, you paided proffesional to do it.

O btw i have brought some tint spray for my back lights, can i just take my lights out and spray them? Is is that simple or do i need to leave certains reflective parts of my lights unsprayed?

no i didnt pay him todo it as i knew him lol..bargin!

as for the lights, its difficult with facelift ones, as the reflector goes around the bubble in the lights and is dodgey to mask up! you can just tint the job lot and tinit over the reflector..altough it will fail the MOT...then agian you could just buy stick on reflectors and stick them on the rear bumper for the MOT :)

no i didnt pay him todo it as i knew him lol..bargin!

as for the lights, its difficult with facelift ones, as the reflector goes around the bubble in the lights and is dodgey to mask up! you can just tint the job lot and tinit over the reflector..altough it will fail the MOT...then agian you could just buy stick on reflectors and stick them on the rear bumper for the MOT :)

oookay, i might just do that, but can i literally just stick some red reflective strip and put it on my bumper?

Ok since i have just brought some SPAX 35 lowering springs just waiting for the postman to come a knocking :) I was thinking i might aswell upgrade the rest of my suspension aswell, rear and front strut brace being a start. Anyone know where i can get a desent set (doesnt have to be a set can be indivual brought) i am looking at cheap and cheerful really.

Im not totally lazy i have been doing some shopping myself iv found two on ebay this one for a corsa b...(not sure if it would fit)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230320428662

And this one is for a micra but price is abit high...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260327447486

Okay just found this one on rallnuts lol

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/OMP_Strut_Braces_1924/OMP_Strut_Brace_Front_Upper_Steel_Nissan_Micra_K11_3115.asp

Update!

I have been very busy on this cold tuesday night, i recieved the mesh for my grill off MM, yesterday so i got busy cutting that to fit. (Afew pics of it being cut and fitting) Think its come out very well! :p

I also then decided to take off my nissian badge off the bonet, becuase it just looks out of place...but need some advise on how to fill the two little holes up now lol :wasntme:

I also have sprayed my side repeters with tint spray i have got off ebay, O and i kinda of started taking my handbrake surround apart and am now spraying that aswell :)

Comments And Helpful Tips VERY WELCOME!

Sorry for pics as you can see its very dark outside lol

Attachments

• 26012009446.jpg
    26012009446.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 27012009447.jpg
    27012009447.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 27012009448.jpg
    27012009448.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 27012009449.jpg
    27012009449.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 27012009450.jpg
    27012009450.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 27012009452.jpg
    27012009452.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 27012009451.jpg
    27012009451.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 290
Another Two Pics Side Repeaters On Now Looks Alrightttt..fwn

Attachments

• 27012009453.jpg
    27012009453.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 27012009454.jpg
    27012009454.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 275
paint the inside of the head lights black ;) and tint the head light indicator bulbs black like mine :) you could paint the front nissan badge black aswell to tie in with the grills and add a front splitter lol

paint the inside of the head lights black ;) and tint the head light indicator bulbs black like mine :) you could paint the front nissan badge black aswell to tie in with the grills and add a front splitter lol

Yeah i really want to paint my headlights, iv read the DIY guide might just give it a go. Just dont know what parts of the light to mask off and not spray thats all....

I want a front and rear splitter and side skirts just dont know where to get them from...would a rover 100 side skirts just fit right on ? Like these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120365475557

iam using rover 200 skirts one mine ;) they have been cut and stuck on upside down. £20 from the scarppers!

once the lights are apart theres plastic that comes out and you just paint that...its staright farward really.

ookay i have brought some tint spray from ebay, so take the lights apart (i might aswell get some new bulbs while im at it) and then spray the plastic cover of the lights?

Btw this will sound stupid, is there any special way to pull out the wire that go into the light...there seems to be a clip but not sure if that just pulls out?

ookay i have brought some tint spray from ebay, so take the lights apart (i might aswell get some new bulbs while im at it) and then spray the plastic cover of the lights?

Btw this will sound stupid, is there any special way to pull out the wire that go into the light...there seems to be a clip but not sure if that just pulls out?

krish, if you mean the h/lamp bulbs, you have to squeeze the sides of the plug as you pull it off (quite firmly):)

krish, if you mean the h/lamp bulbs, you have to squeeze the sides of the plug as you pull it off (quite firmly):)

any same as the rear lights, i dont want to pull to hard and rip or tear anything...so do i just pull or squeeze and pull?
Has anyone perfected a technique i think thats what i should be asking lol

having witnessed an acident at traffic lights due to some pillock painting their lights on their car i wouls strongly protest against anyone painting or darkening their lights in any way shape or form. lots of manufacturers are making brighter lights, better reflectors, higher lamp units, 3rd brake lights, faster reacting bulbs, super bright led's etc to make it easier and safer for the people coming up behind you to stop.

imagine your on the motorway in the fog and your coming up behind traffic, a truck driver just trundling along feels a thud at the front of his cab and is confronted by what looks like a crumpled drinks can sticking out of his truck. this was once your car..

its not funny and can get you killed or worse.. somebody else killed. its just not worth it for looks. ever!
i nearly crashed into a 106 gti the other night as i couldnt see his brake lights or tail lights at all.
tint spray should be illegal.

_44513783_squashed_getty416b.jpg

having witnessed an acident at traffic lights due to some pillock painting their lights on their car i wouls strongly protest against anyone painting or darkening their lights in any way shape or form. lots of manufacturers are making brighter lights, better reflectors, higher lamp units, 3rd brake lights, faster reacting bulbs, super bright led's etc to make it easier and safer for the people coming up behind you to stop.

imagine your on the motorway in the fog and your coming up behind traffic, a truck driver just trundling along feels a thud at the front of his cab and is confronted by what looks like a crumpled drinks can sticking out of his truck. this was once your car..

its not funny and can get you killed or worse.. somebody else killed. its just not worth it for looks. ever!
i nearly crashed into a 106 gti the other night as i couldnt see his brake lights or tail lights at all.
tint spray should be illegal.

_44513783_squashed_getty416b.jpg

Thats shocking! =|

i would say tint spray is ok on indicators..as for brake lights and head lights i reckon they should be illeagl, or should ban people from DIY tinting there lights as some people go way to dark...does my head in when people dont have reflectors on there lights aswell! (i know i did it with clear rear lights but iam stupid lol)

i wouldnt say they should be illlegal from a company that makes tinted rear lights, as they will make them legal and alow engough light to be shown. otherwise they shouldnt be allowd to sell them!

the front headlights u dont have to spray paint them i just painted mine with a paint brush and hammerite black :D

and i used rover 600 side skirts chopped and stuck upside down

and the rear lights i really need to add some reflectors

Ok cool thanks for that, will need to keep an eye out for the skirts
and the lights i might go on sunday just put masking tape or something on them and then use a marker to colour in the masking tape lol :p

Rear lights i think im gonna leave for now as i think i rather be safe than sorry...

In need of a cheap strut brace still, if anyone knows where i can get one or they are selling one, thanks! (Y)

Christmas!

Well at least thats what it felt like when these goodies came in the post! Been waiting ages for them!

Exhuast = Powerflow
Springs = SPAX almost brand new (35mm)

Exhuast Fitting Saturday Hopefully, And Sunday Fitting Springs With Good O'Frank :grinning:

Attachments

• 28012009455.jpg
    28012009455.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 28012009456.jpg
    28012009456.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 28012009457.jpg
    28012009457.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 263
it does actully lol, its only 3" so shudnt look to bad when its on...
hope it sounds sexayy! (Y)

thats cool what made you go for that box then?

Cheap to be honest dude, was 20 off ebay so i thought if it isnt any good when it comes i can just sell it on. But i like it and it does retail for £125

3" back boxs looks nice on the micra :) and 4" fills the gap in the bumper perfect.

well to be exact! its 3 half inch so it should just fit nicly without any rubbing :upside:

okay backbox got fitted on saturday great place decent prices aswell, if anyone around the brum area needs one fitting i can give you his details. Anyway that was saturday i got that fitted, and on sunday i went to Franks house to go and fit my brandnew supercool sexy SPAX springs, but i have brought the k10 springs *slaps forehead* so i am selling a brandnew set of SPAX k10 35mm lowering springs if anyone needs some...
But me and frank did do alittle tinkering and got the back of my car lower without the springs anyways. ( if anyone has/could get me a pair of the front two standard nissian springs please get into contact with me )

Anyways pics show this much better than me explaining as usual anyways..

31012009460.jpg

31012009459.jpg

31012009458.jpg

01022009463.jpg

01022009462.jpg

01022009461.jpg

Bloody Hell Krish, None Stop mate. Coming Along really really well, just been brousing through your blog, Trims was my first mod, second to that was the Angel Eyes, lol. Like what you've done with the nostrals, took mine off recently to paint white, but haven't done that yet. Anyway matey keep it up, it's coming along very well.

Bloody Hell Krish, None Stop mate. Coming Along really really well, just been brousing through your blog, Trims was my first mod, second to that was the Angel Eyes, lol. Like what you've done with the nostrals, took mine off recently to paint white, but haven't done that yet. Anyway matey keep it up, it's coming along very well.

Thanks man it means alot :blush:
i think i am gonna cool it down for abit, for money reasons tbh lol
Just need to sort the front springs out then i will have a rest, well at least i say that now lol

Back