Key Help

Hi,

I've recently bought a K11 Micra, just a base model. However it only came with one key.

I would like to sort out another one, as I tend to lose things easily. (currently got this key on a large fluorescent yellow lanyard).

How do I go about that ? I know that it has NATS fitted as it's written on the key. From the posts I've read trying to search the forum for the information, if I've understood right I have NATS 2 (non-remote, little red chip in the key)

Cheers in advance.

Unless you have another keychip, then you wont be able to get another key.

You could however, go to nissan and get a new key and they will code it to your car. Although, nissan will charge mega bucks for this. Nissan aint cheap

...Or a mobile/independent locksmith will be able to copy you a key for much less than the main dealer.Ring around & offer cash.

Right, Thanks guys. I think re-programming the ECU is out. I'm nowhere near technical enough and I don't have the usb to obd cable.

What would happen if I got a set of keys cut, identical to the original but without the chip and just taped my original under the dash someplace? Would that work ? And if so, where would the best place be in order for the transponder to pick it up?

there,s a little black box attached around the ignition barrel, and your chip would need to be close to that

Right, Thanks guys. I think re-programming the ECU is out. I'm nowhere near technical enough and I don't have the usb to obd cable.

What would happen if I got a set of keys cut, identical to the original but without the chip and just taped my original under the dash someplace? Would that work ? And if so, where would the best place be in order for the transponder to pick it up?

I think that would work. The micras have a common fault of the transponder not picking up the keychip signal on some cars . So folk just tape the keychip right next the transponder.

It's worth a shot like

Back