Spare Key.

maddave

Club Member (Trial)
Hello,

The 1999 micra I got for my gf has only come with one key. It doesn't have central locking or an alarm, but the car does seem to have an immobiliser. my gf went to get a spare key cut today and the bloke said that it has a chip in the key and will cost £50!!

I ve had a search on this forum and apparently I can get a key cut and use this key to programme the new spare key? Is that right? The key that came with the car has a little red tab on it which I assume is to say its the master.

Searching through previous posts the guide to reprogramming the new key is in the "guide and how to section", where is that exactly!? I cant see it on the main menu!! :blush:

Cheers for any help!

i believe the master key is a full red key, and the ones with the tabs are slave keys but im not too sure. This might be a different car im thinking of.

there is no master key. you'll have to get it coded in at a nissan dealer. unless you know someone with a nissan consult diagnostic jobbie.

got mine done for £50 as well at nissan... dont bother searching round for a cheaper price not worth time and efffort...

make sure you get your moneys worth... when i was ther i had two cups of tea, took a mag from the lounge sat in every car in the showroom and fiddled with knobs etc...

finally when i got my key i asked for two nissan key rings please and took sales brochures on each model...intresting read for a while...

mean micra said:
got mine done for £50 as well at nissan... dont bother searching round for a cheaper price not worth time and efffort...

make sure you get your moneys worth... when i was ther i had two cups of tea, took a mag from the lounge sat in every car in the showroom and fiddled with knobs etc...

finally when i got my key i asked for two nissan key rings please and took sales brochures on each model...intresting read for a while...

Ha! Ok, good idea!

it's less than a 5 minute job to cut the key, and same again to code it in. but, because you're paying so much, they wany you to think you're getting your moneys worth and probably make you wait.

Back