New key...

skymera

Brutal Honesty
So I have one key for my car, it's NATS chipped and it's slightly bent.

Looks like it's been bent before then straightened.

I was tempted to get a key cut but not chipped, just in case I lock my key inside the car! Means I can open the doors at least.

Timpsons here can cut and chip a key for 50pound, is that any good?
Don't really have 50 to spare but IF it snaps, am I totally screwed?

How far can the chip be away from the key for the engine to start?

Can I say... put the blank key on the same keyring as the NATS chip?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

How far can the chip be away from the key for the engine to start?

Can I say... put the blank key on the same keyring as the NATS chip?

i,ve had my nats and my misses,s nats keys on the same keyring many times, so it has to be within about 25mm from the antenna i guess

ive seen thm at work wwhere people have taped thee old chipped handle to the new unchipped key lol

So Timpsons are useless bunch of troglodytes and are refusing to cut me a key without a chip.

£50 for a chipped one which isn't bad but I just don't have £50 to spare right now.
I just wanted a key to open the doors, boot and filler cap and use the chipped key for the ignition only to save it some stress.

I don't want to make another new thread of 'new key'

i just read these comments above so i don't want to risk it lol. my key is nats with red chip so its slightly bend and damaged key :( I need to get new key with chip on it. I want to get same key as this present key. I am stuck cos i dont know where can i get one. Does anyone know where can i get new key with chip as my present key?

like this copy pic from google image
6.jpg

cheers
jk

i just read these comments above so i don't want to risk it lol. my key is nats with red chip so its slightly bend and damaged key :( I need to get new key with chip on it. I want to get same key as this present key. I am stuck cos i dont know where can i get one. Does anyone know where can i get new key with chip as my present key?

6.jpg

cheers
jk
Do you mean another chipped key jk?

6.jpg

cheers
jk
Another one with the nissan badge on? If yes apart from nissan I'm not sure mate

yea i said it earlier mate lol

its about getting new key with red chip.

from Nissan? are they good price or expensive? belly is not sure so can anyone find out for me please. thanks jk

You got to catch up on the ware and tare :)

20130305_183311.jpg

worn key is the ignition only. solid key is doors and hatch.....good idea :)

You get genuine keys popping up on eBay, there's one on the now! The red piece on the key pulls out like a drawer and the chip is within. If you go to any normal locksmiths they will more than likely clone the chip into a new key using some reader thing they have.....

£50 is ridiculous! Should only be about £5 I can get them done for free lol

EDIT: I read all them comments and never realised this is an old thread.....

R-REG-SR said:
You got to catch up on the ware and tare :)

worn key is the ignition only. solid key is doors and hatch.....good idea :)

Yea I used this damaged key for only engine start. I got another two spare keys. (one is at home. Other is use only for doors and boot)

Stani1029 said:
You get genuine keys popping up on eBay, there's one on the now! The red piece on the key pulls out like a drawer and the chip is within. If you go to any normal locksmiths they will more than likely clone the chip into a new key using some reader thing they have.....

£50 is ridiculous! Should only be about £5 I can get them done for free lol

Really from EBay? Please can you send me a good link?

I don't mind to pay any price but I just want to get brand new chipped key lol. I am going to keep this Micra for longer when I get professional job ( it will be brand new luxury car :p)

Yea I used this damaged key for only engine start. I got another two spare keys. (one is at home. Other is use only for doors and boot)

and you got central lock,,,,,,,,,,,,,should have had it on a cheapo e - bay alarm keyless entry by now :)

Really from EBay? Please can you send me a good link?

I don't mind to pay any price but I just want to get brand new chipped key lol. I am going to keep this Micra for longer when I get professional job ( it will be brand new luxury car :p)

I cant do links from ebay but search:

Nissan micra k11 n15 chip red.

Remember the chip can be removed easily from your key and fitted into the new one

My thread, she still lives :)

I've still yet to get another key cut :oops: A good squirt of WD40 in the lock cured most of the problem for me

I went to local timpson locksmith today. They asked for £25 with brand new chipped key. It's not going to be Nissan key:( Due to copyright. It's will be aftermarket chipped key.

I am going to check with Nissan soon.

Stani1029 said:
Buy the one on ebay, its not copyright for them to cut an original

Yea I asked timpson so they won't do it cos of copyright. I don't know why though. My cousin just told me that his friend who own locksmith shop in next town. I will ask him if he can do with this Nissan key from eBay. Fingers cross :)

Yea I asked timpson so they won't do it cos of profit margin. I don't know why though. My cousin just told me that his friend who own locksmith shop in next town. I will ask him if he can do with this Nissan key from eBay. Fingers cross :)
fixored jk :D

Back