K12 Visia Gearlever Trim

Can anyone please help with this? The plastic trim that golds the gearlever gaiter in place has broken and I need to find a replacement. Has anyone had to do this or is this part available separately? I have tried to [poorly] repair it as you can see but that's no good!

Any help appreciated

Sean

MIcra Trim.jpg

Hi you could look at after market ones with the dust cover attached.
Other than that I have not seen before one of those.

However you can search Nissan4u site and look for the part number you must select the correct model vehicle.

Hope this helps

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Sometimes depending on the type of plastic you can melt a tie clip to make a join I've tried it a few times does not always work. They are available in lots if colours tho may not match perfectly.
Use a soldering iron to weld the tie clip.
If you Google plastic welding you will find a guide showing what you can do.
Not all plastic will work but you can also use metal strips.
!!(Safety warning)!!
Not to be ignored...
Please take precautions while doing so. You must be aware of fumes from melting plastic can be toxic. So if you take this approach make sure to keep safety in mind by wearing appropriate breathing mask gloves and possibly even goggles.
!!(Saftey warning)!!

But beside this probably cost less than 10 pound for a new part on eBay or Amazon.

Last edited:
You could try spraying it to hide the, I'm guessing not very smooth plastic weld.
Sanding back lightly might help to flatten the surface. If your really that bothered about the looks.
The process of this is something you may find useful for a lot of things such as broken trim clips.
This is how I ended up looking and trying it out.

Back