Nissan Micra 1.2 Visia K12 'Clutch Judder'

Hi all, looking for some help/diagnosis of an intermittent problem I am having with my Nissan Micra 1.2 16V Visia K12. The problem is intermittent clutch judder - when it does happen it only happens when setting off from rest in first gear. It has been in to the main dealer now three times and they have done the following (I should also say the car is on a '10' plate and the manufacturers warranty runs out in April 2013):-
First visit - they reset the engine control parameters thinking it was a tick-over issue (revs too low).
Second visit - they bled the hydraulic clutch (initially the car felt like it had a different clutch in it - very smooth & no judder - but it didn't last long before the clutch judder returned, all be it intermittently).
Third Visit - a master technician came for a test ride with me after the car had been left to stand on the dealer forcourt overnight (the problem occurs mainly when the car has a cold engine and seems to deminish as the car warms up). Low and behold the clutch never juddered once on the test drive! The master technician did say though that he has a Nissan Note himself and the clutch judders on that as well, but he was going to wait while it needed a new clutch to remedy the issue?
This problem can be very unnerving if the judder occurs when pulling out of a busy junction and really quite dangerous. My immediate reaction when the judder occurs is to dip the clutch again & let it out again during which time you aren't moving.
Any ideas?/Anyone else had this problem?:(

Box is not mounted to your engine. I lost bolts on my k11... The bolts holding on the gearbox worked free. Pressing the clutch just pushed the two apart. Might be off use to you. Had aggressive judder. Intermittent as well.

well sit on my face and call me terry

Thanks for the suggestion but it's all solidly attached so I'm counting this one out. I will also mention that the car has only done 12,500 miles from new.
Any other ideas anyone???

it is very likely that the clutch could be worn and is not quite contacting the flywheel or backing plate. this does seem unusual for a car with such low mileage

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue Mike Stathers? We have a 2008 1.2 Micra and have the same issue. The clutch judders when pulling away in 1st gear when the engine is cold. As things warm up the judder disappears. I have seen suggestions of a loose gear box here and in other forums but I would expect that issue to occur regardless of engine/clutch temperature so I think it's more likely to be related to the clutch itself. Any advice/info would be appreciated before taking the plunge with a new clutch.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue Mike Stathers? We have a 2008 1.2 Micra and have the same issue. The clutch judders when pulling away in 1st gear when the engine is cold. As things warm up the judder disappears. I have seen suggestions of a loose gear box here and in other forums but I would expect that issue to occur regardless of engine/clutch temperature so I think it's more likely to be related to the clutch itself. Any advice/info would be appreciated before taking the plunge with a new clutch.

> Last seen: Jan 27, 2013

I'm not sure you'll get a reply from him anytime soon

Back