K12 Timing Chain ?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the K12 service manual, i could not locate it from the usual full stop links it seems to be down.
Got a call yesterday when i was out on the bike that she was not able to start the car. Jump start was the first thin that came to mind so spun home (wasted day :( ) and tried to turn it over starter was turning over. Checked the batter 13V + on it so that was fine. The car is driven during the week so regular. There was never a management light on it but it does appear at ignition so it works.

Checked was it sparking all 4 were fine, The were wet too from numurous attempts so fuel is pumping, removed the plugs and dried them all off. replaced again. Its turning over but no more life than that.

Plugged in the OBD and getting codes.
P1122
P0223
P0123
P0113
P0107

All seem to be Throttle Body Sensor related. At this stage im perplexed. Anyone have a copy of the ESM also any thoughts on what to do next.

Ive cleared the codes down, and just removed the battery to reset everything. Going to give the Cam Sensor a clean later after work. And need the ESM to locate the Throttle body sensor as not 100% where it is located.

Thoughts?
Suggestions ?
Anything really.

Cheers!

So having cleared the codes last night, removed the battery today and left it charging (just to cover all bases) i reinstalled the battery cleaned down cam sensors and tried to start again. She is turning over but will go no further than that. Ran the codes again this time i am getting similar again

P0223
P0123
P0113
P0107

I removed the head cover just to see how the chain was and removed side inspection plate, The Chain Tension Piston is out about 14mm, so i know it will have to be done but no really heavy slack on it so im not sure it jumped a tooth or anything.

Does anyone know could stretched chain result in Throttle Sensor readings ?

What should i be looking to go to next

what code reader are you using lister ? and will it fire if you drop some fuel down the throttlebody ? (14mm does,nt sound too bad, and a stretched chain usually just causes rough running)

Yeah 14 seemed good to me, let face it shes not the smoothest one out there the chain im sure needs replacing. But i dont think at this stage its the cause of the lack of turn over.

I havent tried putting fuel down the throttle body. Its under the black cover if im correct ?

Partially thinking its throttle sensor / harness , ground or the pedal actuator at this stage.

So traced this down to Pedal actuator. Replaced with one from the scrappers. Cleaned down the throttle body too as it was filthy. And she started straight away.

However it is now very lumpy on idle or in drive when the clutch is fully depressed.

Possibly an air leak in there somewhere , might be the rubber grommets in the manifold as they are not in superb nick.

Full service due on it anyway so will replace all of them when doing that.

Delighted to have it back and running lost 3 evening nights to diagnosis this week near pulling hair. :)

Back