k12 timing chain advice

Hi just bought a 2004 k12 with only 25000 miles all seems fine quiet engine clean oil but im worried about the timing chain as I know there a common fault is there anyone that does them here replacement im in Scotland but can travel im planning on keeping the car long term so I dnt mind investing in it any help advice or just views would be grateful thank you

From nissans own point of view,they say as long as car is serviced regular and well maintained,oil kept in check ect the chain should go on forever. Mines a 2004 (54 plate) I've not had chain replaced,and undecided whether to or not. I believe usually there are signs of the chain issue. Problems starting and idling I think are the usual,and imagine managment light as that comes on for lots of different issues if and when they arise.

From nissans own point of view,they say as long as car is serviced regular and well maintained,oil kept in check ect the chain should go on forever. Mines a 2004 (54 plate) I've not had chain replaced,and undecided whether to or not. I believe usually there are signs of the chain issue. Problems starting and idling I think are the usual,and imagine managment light as that comes on for lots of different issues if and when they arise.
Appreciate the reply

I might get mine done at some point just to be on the safe side,few other jobs to sort before that expense though. Can't imagine it being a cheap job. Happy motoring in your new micra :)

Back