Washer Pump Faulty

My washer pump has recently stopped working.

I've disconnected the water pipe where it feeds into the jets and no water is coming out of the pipe when the pump is activated - so I know it's not blocked jets.

The pump is making the usual noise when activated, so there is power to it.

Looking in the Haynes, I see that Fuse 24 is for the front wash/wipe, so presumably that means the wipers and washer motor are on the same fuse - the wipers are working fine, so the fuse must be OK.

It sounds like the only thing left is to replace the washer motor - or am I missing something else to try before I do that?

Thanks guys.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I had a blocked valve just is before the jets a while ago. There's a little one way valve to stop water draining all the way back into the tank and it gets filled with crap. Try that

I had a blocked valve just is before the jets a while ago. There's a little one way valve to stop water draining all the way back into the tank and it gets filled with crap. Try that

Thanks - I noticed a small section of the supply tube had some tape around it - this section was inside a holding clip.

I pulled the tube a bit so the taped section was outside the clip and suddenly water is coming through - maybe there was a blockage inside that section of the tube that worked free when I fiddled with it?

Anyway - now that water is coming through I find that the jets ARE blocked - maybe a jet blockage somehow caused a blockage to develop in the supply tube?

No problem though - main thing is the washer pump is working.

It's a lot easier to unblock the jet nozzles than replace the washer pump - what idiot designed it so that the front wheel and wheel arch liner had to be removed to access it?

happy-creepy-smile.jpeg

This numpty.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
What could have happened was the jets were clear, but got blocked when you started fiddling with the pipes. I don't know if you knew the valve I was on about, I'll take a picture of mine to show you when I'm finished work. And davey, I'm fairly sure that's the same muppet who designed the ridiculous sunroof drains

What could have happened was the jets were clear, but got blocked when you started fiddling with the pipes. I don't know if you knew the valve I was on about, I'll take a picture of mine to show you when I'm finished work. And davey, I'm fairly sure that's the same muppet who designed the ridiculous sunroof drains

There wasn't a valve on my supply tube - unless it was hiding underneath the piece of tape that I didn't bother to remove.

My K11 is a 2001 - might be different from earlier models?

I might have freed the blockage somehow by blasting water out of my rear washer - I use the rear wiper all the time, but I don't think I ever use the rear washer, which can't be good for it.