K11 Tempest or not

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Dear All,
Since buying my car , I have wondered what spec this model really has as I have checked it up on Parkers Second Hand spec website. It's listed as the tempest 1.0 mirca as having top speed as 93 mph but mine has 120mph speedo. Question I have is it possible I bought car that has had it's speedo changed ie its done more mileage than it says on the clock which is 39837 at the moment. And I bought this car without any history and there is lot more questions than answers to this car than meets the eye like why is it registered 03 as the cars stopped production in 02.

Yours Peter0003

120mph speedo is normal.

Being registered as an '03 means a dealer still had K11 stock left over prior to release of the K12 that rolled over into the next reg. First buyer probably got a good deal on it and snapped it up instead of a K12.

120mph speedo is normal.

Being registered as an '03 means a dealer still had K11 stock left over prior to release of the K12 that rolled over into the next reg. First buyer probably got a good deal on it and snapped it up instead of a K12.

Quote: “First buyer probably got a good deal on it and snapped it up instead of a K12”.

Avoiding getting stuffed, in 2003 with the then new & with hindsight what turned out to be the troublesome K12 amalgamation of Renault/Nissan bits & pieces collaboration, was a lucky escape & therefore bargain at almost any price?

dvla mot history check, type your reg in and it will come up with its mot history from 2006 to present
although this only works if the car has been mot yearly
but been a k11 its most likley original , most times ive seen ones changes is for the tacho clocks or there may of had a fault within the clocks them self
its also a good check to see how the car has done in the past and some times if the car has no remarks on the history it can possibly point out dodgy mots aswell
also now they tell you the stations it was done at , found my had been done mostly at the nissan garage where it came from untill afew years ago and now since it moved 270miles asway lol
and aswell 03 k11 is just last of the line cars as said , i live near the nissan factory and last week i seen about 5 03 k11s within 1 day and all within 5miles of sunderland aswell
and as for the speedo its just a standardized unit they are all 120mph, and they say a 1,0 only does 93 i bet it can do more even on gps, for alot of cars they seem to underestimate the speeds
sorry for been long winded

dvla mot history check, type your reg in and it will come up with its mot history from 2006 to present
although this only works if the car has been mot yearly
but been a k11 its most likley original , most times ive seen ones changes is for the tacho clocks or there may of had a fault within the clocks them self
its also a good check to see how the car has done in the past and some times if the car has no remarks on the history it can possibly point out dodgy mots aswell
also now they tell you the stations it was done at , found my had been done mostly at the nissan garage where it came from untill afew years ago and now since it moved 270miles asway lol
and aswell 03 k11 is just last of the line cars as said , i live near the nissan factory and last week i seen about 5 03 k11s within 1 day and all within 5miles of sunderland aswell
and as for the speedo its just a standardized unit they are all 120mph, and they say a 1,0 only does 93 i bet it can do more even on gps, for alot of cars they seem to underestimate the speeds
sorry for been long winded

thank you all of al information.

Back