K11 Stripped Plug Thread in Head

Changing the plugs recently, one plug is just 'spinning' in its threads - will not tighten or indeed loosen any more than it already is to remove it.

As the plugs are recessed in the 'tubes' this is creating a bigg issue for removal.

Are the 'tubes' an integral part of the cylinder head or can they be removed themselves - maybe by removing the rocker cover?

Any simple & cheap ideas on removal of the stuck plug in situ - don't fancy removing the head?

:(

You could try a helicoil, but i have an lpg CG head with helicoils in and they failed miserably, i think you will end up fitting another head tbh

hmm, mystery, unless of course its already unscrewed as far as it will go and just isnt stuck to the rubber gromit thus not coming out with the piece, but im assuing youve already tried that :p

sound's to me like the hex shape has rounded off on the plug or your socket . look down it with a torch to see if it's lost its shape , or maybe the plug socket your using has rounded try a different plug spanner

The plug spanner itself is fine as it undid the remaining three plugs without difficulty, the hex on the rogue plug is intact also as I've peered down the tube with a torch and fished around 'flexible claw spring loaded grabber thing' (technical description - not) and I can definately rotate the plug but cannot withdraw it.

I'm struggling to find a solution! :(

The plug spanner itself is fine as it undid the remaining three plugs without difficulty, the hex on the rogue plug is intact also as I've peered down the tube with a torch and fished around 'flexible claw spring loaded grabber thing' (technical description - not) and I can definately rotate the plug but cannot withdraw it.

I'm struggling to find a solution! :(
Obviously a stripped thread eh andy (as the title suggests) have you tried running it to blow the plug out ?

Back