K11 Rear springs

Hi all,

I have an early 1997 1.3 GX 5 door which, rather hilariously, has a tow bar.

The rear springs are rather saggy - does anyone out there know where I can get uprated/stiffer rear springs which do not lower the ride height ?

Front springs/struts are OK.

Cheers

Graeme

Best bet would be buying completely new rear springs and if you're towing then use spring assisters should help slow/ prevent spring saggyness in the future

Hi Karlj,

Thanks for the rapid reply - I have investigated the spring assiters route - they do look very flimsy and not very permanent, however in the lack of any other option, that is what I might have to go for.

Anyone added a 2nd spring to the swing arm ?

Cheers

Graeme

maybe upgrade to an adjustable coilover that can adjust the rear spring height or interchange to harder spring rates? yeah expensive route i know :p

I imagine off the shelf springs from Faulkners might be option, but you'd either have to guess at a suitable spring rate or get a set of standard ones tested/measured. perhaps Frank knows of ones off another car that fit as well.

I imagine off the shelf springs from Faulkners might be option, but you'd either have to guess at a suitable spring rate or get a set of standard ones tested/measured. perhaps Frank knows of ones off another car that fit as well.

:) they,re a fairly common size eh, my backend is pretty light and i,ve been looking for some softer ones for ages lol (found plenty of harder ones)

Back