springs

CMF_gibson_racing

» CMF Member
as the title suggest i am after springs out of other cars e.g pulsars corollas that fit without any mods for the rear i dnt want lower just standard height but they need to be stiff so harder ride even if they are out of coilovers i dnt care
hope you guys can help

CMF_gibson_racing

» CMF Member
hey littlebear i ordered a brand new set of them today actually so will see how they go i was woundering i know the toyota corolla sportivo rear springs fit the front of the micra but would it fit the rear also?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the problem with the rears is that there,s only about 30mm of preload in the stock spring/shock, so shorter stronger springs become insecure when the car is jacked up (i had to cut 100mm off my shocks and re-thread them, to keep the springs captive)
as for the fronts, daewoo matiz leg with a honda civic rear spring FTMFW :)

frank

Attachments

• 57318.jpg
    57318.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"What yu using on the front frank2???

that matiz leg with the civic spring LM (in the pic)
the leg is shorter, and they have a soft compression damper and hard return damper (damper ratio of 2 or 3 : 1) so you can have hard springs but keep the DD ride :)

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Lm??? What year civic???
they were thrown into the back of another civic (mid/late 90,s probs)
if you want rockhard, honda/rover fronts are made from 12mm gauge wire (10mm stock) left one in pic
LM, lowmicra :)

Attachments

• 57349.jpg
    57349.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Haha so civic springs with daewoo struts? Sick haha what you use for rear shocks??

frank2 WROTE:

"the problem with the rears is that there,s only about 30mm of preload in the stock spring/shock, so shorter stronger springs become insecure when the car is jacked up (i had to cut 100mm off my shocks and re-thread them, to keep the springs captive)

as for the fronts, daewoo matiz leg with a honda civic rear spring FTMFW :)

frank

There's your answer Low

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Haha so civic springs with daewoo struts? Sick haha what you use for rear shocks??

you have to slot the top hub hole 5mm (angled slightly in the pic for camber)
and swap the topmounts over
my rear shocks are shortened (re-threaded) stock, so i can lift the inside rear lol

frank

Attachments

• 57363.jpg
    57363.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
Back