K11 Rally Car - Bilstein Top Mounts

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm Jon and I've got a K11 Micra Rally Car which I drive in the BTRDA Rally Championship, and after a tough season in 2011, including a few visits to ditches, it's looking a bit poorly. We are starting to re-prep it now, hopefully to have it ready for the Somerset Stages Rally in April.

So I was looking for some advice! It needs a new windscreen, I know they are a pain to remove so they are not easy to come by 2nd hand, but is there anywhere you recommend to get one cheaply... 2nd hand is preferred if possible as we have a habit of breaking them!

Suspension top mounts - ours are shot - we believe we just need to replace the bearings. Again, does anyone know of place to get them from in the UK? Our suspension is the Micra Challenge Bilstein. Does anyone have any experience of changing the bearings? We are on a very tight budget, so hopefully we don't need complete new top mounts!

Here's hoping you experts can help - I'm a bit useless at all things technical - I just drive the thing, or at least I try to.

The best person to call is Matt Humphris, from Humphris Nissan on 01865 748000, (http://humphrisoxford.co.uk/motorsport/). He sells every top mount available for the K11, standard, uprated and also rose jointed topmounts, (which is what you probably have with the bilsteins). He may have some spherical bearing replacement inserts available.....

This is the baby when it was looking better than it does now....
279460_179025808826885_158799317516201_494984_2170771_o.jpg

And this is what happened to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oveV8D4DL1Q - 1st stage, wet, trying to get used to different tyres, car down on power due to exhaust problem - about 90 secs in I'm messing with the wipers - a split second loss of concentration and we are off....

In car footage is deceptive - we are doing about 65mph when we leave the road

Wowsers, brown trouser moment or what! Crikey, I was gripping my seat watching that saying to myself 'please don't roll.....please don't roll'.

Makes tarmac based stuff look like childs play compared to a forest rally :eek: Shows 998cc is enough for some proper thrills ;)

Rubbish unfortunately... our season so far in the BTRDA Rally First championship:
- Wyedean - missed - car not ready
- Malcolm Wilson - missed - unable to make the long journey to Cumbria on a friday afternoon due to work
- Somerset - fuel pump problems and a dodgy sensor mean we are unable to get over 60mph all day
- Plains - went well for 5 miles, then developed a misfire (cylinder 1 not fuelling - traced to connection to ECU)
- Dukeries - missed - too close to Plains, not enough money to enter both
- Quinton - missing - navigator/mechanic needs an operation
- Woodpecker - with 2 bad results, 4 non-starts, and the championship being best 5 scores from 8, do we bother?
- Cambrian - see Woodpecker!

So our championship is over for this year... ho hum.. start saving for 2013 I guess.

Back