K11 now with Cherry Bomb with Ripspeed Tip

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Good afternoon Folks, Finally fitted my Cherry Bomb exhaust, it looks sweet but I'm going to finish it off tomorrow.

Step 1 - Got myself a Ripspeed Twin Exhaust Tip.

452148109dd215fa9.jpg

Step 2 - Fit it to the Cherry Bomb Exhaust (thanks to Olly98).

thum_452148109dd23d0ac.jpg

Step 3 - Permanently Weld the Ripspeed Tip to the Exhaust.

thum_452148109dd27531d.jpg

Step 4a - Check to see how far it'll stick out and make some fine adjustments.

thum_452148109df851240.jpg

Step 4b - Just another Picture also did measurements at this point for exhaust brackets.

thum_452148109df9be709.jpg

Step 5 - Welded exhaust brackets onto the cherry bomb so it'll be a direct swap.

thum_452148109dfa77a20.jpg

Step 6 - Finished product, erm didn't take into affect that I had to make holes in the bumper, so Friday afternoon I shall be knocking off another inch so it won't stick out so far.

thum_452148109f0cc364a.jpg

So what do you guys n' gals think?

That badge was the first ever mod, before I got it off our lass, lol. It is also staying there until one day I get the car resprayed, and looking at my wage packet, NEVER, lol.

Anyway it's the exhaust this thread is about, lol. The exhaust brackets I made and bent myself. The rod only cost two quid from B&Q so I can't argue with that..

Friday I shall be removing the exhaust and taking 1cm from all the way round the holes I made with a circular saw.

Cheers FRANK it's only taken me to get my ass in gear since before Christmas to get this sorted...

It's not as loud that I expected but that's a good thing, apart from that it has a nice little purrrr which is ideal as I don't want to be flagged by the cops, lol.

looks awesome, very neat job but i can imagine your bumper melting horibly lol

Exhausts don't get as hot as people think, especially near the back, the bumper will be fine.

Wait untill he goes down the motorway for a good hour or so lol, both my honda and saxo have slightly melted bumpers and they wernt even touching lol

But nice work, good to see some customisation its what yiou think that counts not everyone else

Exhausts don't get as hot as people think, especially near the back, the bumper will be fine.

not sure on that one, i got a new exhaust on my car and driving it home from the garage (15miles) it has already started to melt the bumper.

i think it depends on the driving etc, you could probably melt the bumper just if it is really sunny and the pipes heat up from the sun.

Cheers for all the comments and tips everyone, I was hoping to fit some aluminium foil or something above it not much though as I don't was the entire bumper pasted, lol. Would this help with the heat deflection.

Cheers for all the comments and tips everyone, I was hoping to fit some aluminium foil or something above it not much though as I don't was the entire bumper pasted, lol. Would this help with the heat deflection.

you could do what i did, cut a bigger hole so that the plastic is out of the way of the exhaust and then put a plate of checker plate aluminium around the exhaust opening. it can look like those MGs,

Back