Now at wits end with the wifes K11

We have had this Error 141 & 143 thing, but it's intermittent , most of the time the car starts and runs fine, then all of a sudden we get error 141 & 143 flashes when I do a diagnostic and the ECU cuts the fuel after 5 seconds.

Things done so far:-

Replaced 2 fuse holders (one was FL6 and was rotten), checked and cleaned all others.
Swapped the 3 relays about under the bonnet
Re soldered throttle body
Checked all fluids and air filter
Changed the plugs
Changed the Fuel pump relay (which has been moved from in the fuse panel below the dash to the kick panel by the right foot)
Taken out ECU, checked all pins on the plugs are clean and dry, opened up both units to check for dampness, dry joints etc, all seems fine.

And oddly, jumping the pins on the fuel relay does NOT stop the engine cutting (It was obliging and had the problem the very time I went out to test that one LOL)

Using the spare key doesn't sort it

But disconnecting the battery and reconnecting an hour later SEEMS to clear it, but it could be coincidence.

Any ideas?

Or anyone want to make an offer (serious), before I set fire to it. AAAARRRRGGGHHH

Thanks

Gary

Pulled the glove box out, and couldn't see any sort of electrical unit under there, so watch out on Ebay for a 96 N red auto spare or repairs, 'cos I've had enough of the darned thing

I have had those errors on our old 96 Micra. It was the fuel pump fuse/holder corroded but it sounds like you have checked/replaced?

Have you checked the ECU for damp/corrosion?

Back