Help with a few issues with my new K11 Inspiration

ElectroDan

Ex. Club Member
After looking for a couple of months for a decent or cheap K11 1.3 or 1.4, I finally found a private seller. It has done 72k and was up for £1200, but I knocked him down to £1000 due to the following issues I found, which I'm hoping some kind folks can give me some pointers on?

1. The front wipers don't work properly on the intermediate setting. All other speeds are fine.
2. There is a slight judder on the clutch when pulling away. It doesn't slip at all if I floor it in 5th gear from 30mph.
3. The gear change is sometimes quite stiff changing down, unless I blip the throttle (which isn't that easy given the pedal layout).
4. When parked in neutral, the gearstick doesn't spring to either side, and makes a slight rattling noise if I move it side to side, like it's hitting a headshield? Is this a spring I need to reattach?
5. The big one - the front cross member has started to corrode. It's not really bad, but the bonnet catch mounting bolt isn't attached as the hole on the cross member has rusted. I see these are on ebay. Can anyone recommend a garage ideally in Kent who have experience of welding these on?

I'll be buying a Haynes manual soon to help me keep it maintained. So far I'm happy with the car, it'll save me £20 a week in petrol over my old Fiat!

the judder might be the rear g/box mount dan, and the return spring fault is pretty common, and is,nt the cross member patchable ?

I'm not sure if the cross member can be patched, I've not familiar with welding and what's possible :down: I guess if it can though, that'll be cheaper :grinning:

Will take a look at the rear gearbox mount when I've got my Haynes manual and know exactly where to find it! Will it need tightening up, or replacing?

Will take a look at the rear gearbox mount when I've got my Haynes manual and know exactly where to find it! Will it need tightening up, or replacing?

that mount takes a lot of stick, and the rubber can give way :eek: you need to get under the car to check it really tho

Back